PDA

View Full Version : west by god virginians check in here!!!

mtneer13
06-11-10, 19:52
hello to all of the mountaineers out here...let's gooooooo

vitiaz
06-11-10, 22:55
Lewis County...but now live in the Rocky Mtns.

Heavy Metal
06-11-10, 22:59
Nobody tells me where to check in.

mtneer13
06-12-10, 08:31
Lewis County...but now live in the Rocky Mtns.

i was stationed in california from 92-94 and just couldn't get used to the lack of green on the mountains...took the wife and boys fishing up in the mountains two weeks ago, memorial day weekend around bergoo, davis and elkins areas...i love the mountains of this great state...told my boys to enjoy the views from the mountaintops, seneca rocks and the great trout streams available to us...just too crowded with all the tourists...

i reside in kanawha county now...colorado is one of the states that i have not been to other than in the denver airport during a layover...i've heard it is beautiful there as well...

Corey
06-12-10, 20:34
Lived in Barbour County for a few years. I am living in Utah now. Not as green, but the skiing is better.

cfrazier
06-13-10, 22:42
Orginally from Marshall Co. now in Wood Co.

mtneer13
06-14-10, 19:48
Orginally from Marshall Co. now in Wood Co.

some of the wife's family lived up there...now the only ones still alive up that way are in tyler county, paden city...

scjbash
06-18-10, 17:53
I'm in Wayne County. Anyone else thrown off by WV being under Mid-Atlantic with NJ and NY? I keep wanting to click on Mid South. :) Maybe it's just because I'm in the southern part of the state, but everyone I know feels closer to and has more in common with KY, the Carolinas, and VA than the states north of us.

Montani Semper Liberi

thopkins22
06-18-10, 19:19
I'm originally from, and occasionally return to Greenbrier county.

Lively
06-18-10, 19:30
Fayette County here, yes should be Mid South.

ikickhippies
06-18-10, 20:06
Originally from Hardy County/Moorefield.

Travel back home 2-3 times per year.

Damn I miss home.:(

mtneer13
06-18-10, 20:32
i'm in agreement as well, i can't see mid atlantic...i don't travel north of the mason dixon very often(once in the past 6 yrs), so i was suprised as well...thanks for replying to the thread!!!

ikickhippies
06-18-10, 20:47
i'm in agreement as well, i can't see mid atlantic...i don't travel north of the mason dixon very often(once in the past 6 yrs), so i was suprised as well...thanks for replying to the thread!!!

Is there a way to get this changed? Who do we contact?

scjbash
06-18-10, 21:41
i don't travel north of the mason dixon very often(once in the past 6 yrs)

Me either. I've been north of the line three times in my life, and I'm thirty. And once was because it was the only way to get to Canada. :D

mtneer13
06-19-10, 09:26
don't know how to get it changed...it's kind of funny, it seems as though we look at being put in the mid-atlantic as a dig...or at least that's how i see it...i'm more of a southern boy than a damn yankee, if one were to paint that picture...

i'm quickly approaching 40, and i just don't care for travelling up that way...my kids do want to see the statue of liberty though, so that will send me to NYC and i have never been in the state of new york...

i used to be stationed in cape may, nj and i drove home just about every weekend for three months after bootcamp...i just didn't like it...the wife went to a school in atlantic city a few years ago and i took the boys up there to experience the area...still the same, although the houses are really expensive now...$600K seems to be the norm in the cape may area close to the beach...

scjbash
06-19-10, 13:59
I'm originally from, and occasionally return to Greenbrier county.

Have you been in the Greenbrier Resort since they opened the bunker to the public? My fiancee won a travel voucher, and a tour of the Greenbrier is on the list of places to go. We've been thinking about choosing it just to check out the bunker.

mtneer13
06-19-10, 20:29
my buddy and his wife just went last month!!! he said it was excellent!!!

thopkins22
06-19-10, 23:46
Have you been in the Greenbrier Resort since they opened the bunker to the public? My fiancee won a travel voucher, and a tour of the Greenbrier is on the list of places to go. We've been thinking about choosing it just to check out the bunker.

I actually have not, but I'm good friends with the daughter of the lady who does the tours. It's definitely on my list though.