PDA

View Full Version : Ameriglo I-DOT

Sherman A. House
06-11-10, 23:10
Anyone seen these?

https://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/i-dot

They look alot like Warrens, to my eye. AND they are less expensive. Curious to hear any feedback.

KellyTTE
06-11-10, 23:13
Deleted because of the ginormous pic.

Click here for a huge pic. (https://www.ameriglo.net/sites/default/files/GL101%20set.jpg)

Sherman A. House
06-11-10, 23:39
I'll take the plunge and report back. Just ordered two sets.

trio
06-11-10, 23:48
sherman, if you want a set of dot on dot warrens for a glock, sent me a PM...i just switched to the hackathorn sights and have a couple of lightly used sets I'd sell for cheap...

otherwise, I totally agree with you, those look very much like warren tacs to me as well

skyugo
06-12-10, 00:35
I'll take the plunge and report back. Just ordered two sets.

and now they're sold out :mad:

is that 74 for a front and rear sight? that's a bargain.

kaltblitz
06-12-10, 11:08
Yeah...

Those look just like Warrens.

Copycats!

stmcelroy
06-12-10, 11:47
Might have to try a set of these. Already have 3 sets of Pro Operators, but have 2 17L's that could use some kind of night sights.:D

Sherman A. House
06-13-10, 02:41
How wide is the front sight on the Warren's? The I-dot is .125".

ck1
06-14-10, 13:30
While these look like a great option if one was willing to rock a .140" wide front with their .180 rear notch, wish these were offered in a .160" rear notch width so I could try 'em but keep my preferred ratios (.115 wide front with a .150 rear notch, since the .125 width is the thinnest I've seen offered in tritium fronts I'm guessing .160 rear notch width would preserve the same light bar ratio...).

As, for being "copycats", by the same logic one could argue that the single lamp in the rear, whether Warren, Ameriglo, or whomever, is really just ripping off Heine as they did the "straight-eight" thing first, and suppose that would mean any adjustable rear is a rip of a Bomar or LPA-type too since they've been around for years...

IMO, doesn't matter unless it's patented, quality sights that do the job is what matters.

mvician
06-14-10, 14:04
looks good....me likey :D

Surf
06-15-10, 00:28
I understand the Warren type sight profile but I really haven't wrapped myself around the stacked dots, even though I have Heine's on a couple of my pistols. I actually tried the below TruGlo's on my Gen4 G17. Didn't think I would like them, but I actually love em. I am one of those people who really doesn't have a dominant eye so I cannot get a focus with two eyes open with a dual plane focus as with iron sights. This stark contrast with the red front works similar as a red dot and the red front draws my focus better allowing me to start shooting with two eyes open. After many many years, I am still having a hard time making the adjustment, but these sights are helping. You start splitting hairs at a certain point when it comes to speed, but a timer definitely shows the difference and I am faster with this set up. Plus I can more easily shoot two eyes open.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/SSDSurf/Guns/G17TruGlo01.jpg

Tomahawk_Ghost
06-15-10, 15:54
and now they're sold out :mad:

is that 74 for a front and rear sight? that's a bargain.

Rick Callihan at Ameriglo just informed me that they should have more ready in about 30 days. I'll have my CC ready.

Sherman A. House
06-22-10, 14:07
I got these sights in the mail. Easily installed, no worries at all. I put a set on a G19, and a set on a G34. In most respects, they are very much like Warrens, save for the rear notch being slightly more open. With that said, there seems to be no perceivable difference or diminishment in performance between the Warrens and the Ameriglos, for me anyway. I've shown them to a few other regular shooters and the usual comment is, "WOW! That is a wide rear notch!" I don't notice it as much though. And I'm right-handed, shoot with both eyes open, and have 20/15 binocular vision.

I'll put up some pictures of the sights...but I dig them, for sure. Also, while I see that the sets of the I-dots are sold out, the fronts and rears are available by themselves still.

John_Wayne777
06-22-10, 15:03
Sherman -- have you done any 25 yard bullseye work with them? The sights with a wide rear notch make it easy, for me at least, to slightly missalign the sights when I'm shooting for precision at longer distances. I get a bit of it with the Warrens as it is but I've learned to manage it.

Bpurcg19
07-18-10, 12:22
Anything new on these sights? I'm Trying to gather a lot of sight info lately.

Thanks

Sherman A. House
07-18-10, 12:34
I like these sights. The rear notch is wide, and it is harder to get good hits at distance. It can be done though.

Bpurcg19
07-18-10, 12:36
Sherman,

Do you find the sights to be a good balance of speed and accuracy within 25 yards? I am looking to get a set of sights that are fast but also precise enough.

Thanks

Sherman A. House
07-18-10, 12:45
I do think they offer a good balance of speed and accuracy at 25 yards and in. I work well with Big Dots too though, and not many folks here like those. With so much light on either side of the front sight, its easy to get too wrapped up in the perfect sight picture quest. But, of course with these practice is key. They will deliver if you will.