PDA

View Full Version : Vltor Scout Mount SM-G and SM-OCG

Jake Bauer
06-12-10, 23:45
Would any of yall who have these mounts share some photos? I was looking at getting the Viking Tactics mount but I picked one up at a gun show today and it just feels really cheap.

I'd also like to know if any of yall have mounted a Fenix TK series light in these Scout lights. I have a TK10 on the way and the Fenix website says the TK10 is 34mm which is 1.34in in diameter, and the descriptions of the SM-G and SM-OCG says "most" 1 inch lights. I dont want to get it here and my light doesnt fit.

Thanks guys.

militarymoron
06-13-10, 00:24
pics on my site here:
http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/wlights.html#vscout

i don't have any fenix lights but your light will probably fit the SM-OCG. your light body is close to 1". the bezel is 34mm, not the body.

Jake Bauer
06-13-10, 00:52
I was thinking after I posted that the 34mm might actually be the bezel and not the body. Good call Military.

Jake Bauer
06-14-10, 17:26
Hey Military, one more question. How many inches of rail space does the off set mount take up?

militarymoron
06-14-10, 17:50
1.75"

Jake Bauer
06-15-10, 00:22
Thank you sir.

Actually The more I've been thinking, the more I think I might get the SM-G model and mount it at the 9 o clock position of my Handgaurd. I think it will do nicely using the thumb break method, or a quick click of the switch, then back to my vert. grip.

By the way military, Have you ever mounted or heard from anyone mounting lights on MOE Handguards? Someone told me I might have problems due to the slight slant of the sides.

militarymoron
06-15-10, 11:02
no prob. i don't have MOE handguards, but if you google "moe handguard light" you'll run across some threads on various forums.

Jake Bauer
06-15-10, 14:08
Excellent. One of those threads has exactly what I was envisioning for my set up. Thanks again Military.

M76F
06-30-10, 04:21
I ran the Vltor scout mount in Iraq with a SF E2L, I found that I had to wrap the light body with riggers tape to get it to stay in position.

If your Fenix is a little too loose in the mount, just tape it until you can barely get the Vltor mount on there. Then once you tighten it to the rail it won't go anywhere, guaranteed.

Jake Bauer
06-30-10, 04:24
Thanks M76, I got the SM-G and it wouldnt fit my TK10. I sent it back and got the SM-CK and it fits super tight. I love it