PDA

View Full Version : Need help - Gem-Tech Halo or YHM Phantom 5.56

Peacekeeper1408
05-28-07, 04:28
I already own a Gem-Tech Trinity and am satisfied with the quality. I do not have any experience with YHM suppressors. Having to buy additional flash suppressors to use with the YHM isn't really an issue because I only own 3 ARs. It would be used on 10.5" barrels and longer probably. I don't own a 7.5" upper yet, but probably will in the future. Which one should I get? It looks like I can get them for close to the same price.

DBautista
05-28-07, 10:27
Peacekeeper,

If you live in the Hampton Roads area of VA, I will let you demo my 5.56 QD Phantom. I dont have a HALO but have shot one several times. They both sound great but did not get to A/B them.

LMK, I love to spread the NFA bug.

Peacekeeper1408
05-28-07, 11:08
DBautista, I appreciate your offer, but unfortunately I am several hours away. Thanks

JBar
06-01-07, 20:29
I have a Halo and my friend has a YHM. My Halo changes the point of impact significantly on every rifle I mount it on. On the other hand, my friend has no change in POI on any of his applications. If I had it to do over again, I would go YHM. It seems to be a better value based on my very limited comparison.

Jbar

Peacekeeper1408
06-01-07, 22:20
How do you think the YHM would compare to the AAC M4-1000 or the M4-2000? I'm leaning more towards the AACs.

GunLovinTexan
06-01-07, 22:33
Cheaper is very rarely better.

Finding the balence between the two is the key.

Rob

SHIVAN
06-01-07, 23:26
The M4-1000 @ that price, crushes the YHM at a similar price point -- IMO.

DKircher
06-02-07, 13:13
I have a Halo and my friend has a YHM. My Halo changes the point of impact significantly on every rifle I mount it on. On the other hand, my friend has no change in POI on any of his applications. If I had it to do over again, I would go YHM. It seems to be a better value based on my very limited comparison.

Jbar

I'd be interested to see if anyone else can confirm this, just becuase I was leaning towards a HALO for my next suppressor purchase and I've never heard of this before.

Anyone?

KevinB
06-02-07, 17:35
I have a HALO -- I never noticed a real shift -- maybe 2MOA -- which is not much in the grand scheme - I've seen a lot of cans do WAY more.

I'll shoot it and docudrama it next time we are on the ranges

dubb-1
06-02-07, 18:46
My experience with the HALO mirrors that of Kev's. Further, I can't say that I have ever heard tell of one of my customers complaining of large POI shifts/variances.:confused: