PDA

View Full Version : Ever open the safe to sell a gun...

rob_s
06-13-10, 09:50
...and after looking it over and taking some pictures realize that not only is it probably the last gun you should sell, but is also probably the one you should (or at least could) be using the most?

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq10/tacticalyellowvisor/01%20misc/Weight.jpg

Under 6.5 lbs as it sits, normally topped with Troy front and rear BUIS and a 3x TA33 Compact ACOG, often wears a stubby Tango Down vert grip, has gone from Tango Down pistol grip and Vltor modstock to the MIAD and Emod in the picture, started life with a DD 9.0 M4 rail over the shaved-down stock FSB but now wears a 10.0, and tipped with a Vltor flash hider. Frankly I would be just as happy with it if it had the previous furniture but like it just a shade more with the current setup. Typically there are four batteries in the stock and a spare Colt bolt & firing pin in the MIAD core. Have a Surefire Scout on a Larue throwlever so I can install and remove the light as needed. Have attached a Harris bipod on an ARMS lever from time to time for precision shooting and matches, for which the 3x ACOG has always proven sufficient.

This is the gun I used in my first several carbine classes, the gun I started my matches with, and the gun I took two hogs with.

Like many folks as I get deeper and deeper I keep eschewing the concept of the "general purpose rifle" and find myself going more and more specialized. "This is my teaching gun" and "this is my ultra-lightweight SBR" and "this is my suppressed gun" and "this is my kid/woman gun" and "this is my 'nightfighter' gun".... ya know what? This little 6520, with the A2 upper changed out for a Colt flattop, and the few little accessories that are on it, is capable of doing ALL of that if needed.

Shihan
06-13-10, 14:48
Every time I sell one I wish I had it back.

ruddyhair
06-13-10, 17:19
never sold one yet but good thoughts before one does

mnagant762
06-13-10, 17:20
Yup there are only 2 that I don't regret selling off a Mossberg 500 Viking 12ga. and a Marlin SS 60.

Hashmark
06-13-10, 18:31
Right before I read this thread, I was really contemplating selling one of my handguns to a buddy whom has been hounding me for it since I agreed to a few payments instead of all up front and now I'm gonna tell him to piss off! I sold one a long time ago and really wished I didn't and this thread just made me remember.

clasky
06-13-10, 22:57
I try never to sell my guns. I've sold a couple, but probably won't sell any more.

.45fmjoe
06-13-10, 23:28
I try never to sell my guns. I've sold a couple, but probably won't sell any more.

I only sell to upgrade. :D

500grains
06-13-10, 23:48
I look in my safe and ask myself "Would I rather have that gun in the safe, or gun X which I have been lusting over?" Just did that yesterday. Asked myself if I would prefer to have my 5 M1As, or possibly fewer M1As and a couple of guns on my "gotta get list".

ALCOAR
06-14-10, 02:21
...and after looking it over and taking some pictures realize that not only is it probably the last gun you should sell, but is also probably the one you should (or at least could) be using the most?

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq10/tacticalyellowvisor/01%20misc/Weight.jpg

Under 6.5 lbs as it sits, normally topped with Troy front and rear BUIS and a 3x TA33 Compact ACOG, often wears a stubby Tango Down vert grip, has gone from Tango Down pistol grip and Vltor modstock to the MIAD and Emod in the picture, started life with a DD 9.0 M4 rail over the shaved-down stock FSB but now wears a 10.0, and tipped with a Vltor flash hider. Frankly I would be just as happy with it if it had the previous furniture but like it just a shade more with the current setup. Typically there are four batteries in the stock and a spare Colt bolt & firing pin in the MIAD core. Have a Surefire Scout on a Larue throwlever so I can install and remove the light as needed. Have attached a Harris bipod on an ARMS lever from time to time for precision shooting and matches, for which the 3x ACOG has always proven sufficient.

This is the gun I used in my first several carbine classes, the gun I started my matches with, and the gun I took two hogs with.

Like many folks as I get deeper and deeper I keep eschewing the concept of the "general purpose rifle" and find myself going more and more specialized. "This is my teaching gun" and "this is my ultra-lightweight SBR" and "this is my suppressed gun" and "this is my kid/woman gun" and "this is my 'nightfighter' gun".... ya know what? This little 6520, with the A2 upper changed out for a Colt flattop, and the few little accessories that are on it, is capable of doing ALL of that if needed.

Amen! At that weight, with those quality parts...and of course the 6520 barrel you would have been a fool to sell it. I love that setup and I have a similar one:)

You ain't no fool for keeping that tool:D:D