PDA

View Full Version : Hiding supplies within your retreats?

Blstr88
06-14-10, 00:15
Thought this might be an interesting topic to start and hear some different thoughts/ideas.

I've got a job that basically has me away 6 months a year, and home 6 months a year. So I always figure if the SHTF theres a 50/50 chance I wont be home. Getting back home is another topic, but my concern is people breaking into my house and rummaging through my supplies.

I've gone as far as planning to build a "false wall" both in one of my closets and my basement, and store as much of my food, ammo, and supplies as I can within these walls. The thing I havent figured out yet is how Im going to make the supplies accessible. If the time came to need them I could always break a hole in the wall of course, but I figure I want a way to swap things in/out constantly and breaking a hole in the drywall and repairing it isnt practical.

Ive also thought it would be wise to actually leave my cabinets stocked up with a few random cans, pasta, etc...just anything. I figure if someone busts in theyll open up the cabinets and take everything thinking they hit the jackpot, then take off. I wouldnt think the average person would REALLY search a house super well for supplies if they can grab a few arm-fulls of things and get outta there. Then if anyone else were to come behind them, it would look as if the place were also robbed.

Anybody have any hide-aways for supplies in their homes?

Naxet1959
06-14-10, 09:14
Try this article, it was interesting to me...
http://www.survivalblog.com/

Good luck!