PDA

View Full Version : Any SWCC guys in here?

theblackknight
06-15-10, 19:17
Trying to get a inside veiw on the training and you do aside from motovideos on youtube.

Lets just say Im bored, and not happy with my current place and Going big blue or big green is looking like a possibility.

rickrock305
06-15-10, 23:01
may want to check into it, but I've heard that the special ops like SWCC are really tough to get into for prior service guys.

also check out www.sealswcc.com and www.navyseals.com

both have a bunch of SWCC info

theblackknight
06-16-10, 08:44
already lurked there. The minimum requirments seem kinda low for spec type stuff.

And they say they take prior service . I hear there are a lot of marines that go army sf and do well.

tampam4
06-16-10, 09:02
I don't know all that much about SWCC, but those requirements that I saw up on the first website you listed are correct. IIRC, those are also the "minimum" for SEAL, though you usually won't get a contract until you do somewhat better than that.

ETA: I am positive that those requirements are across the board for Navy SpecOps/SpecWar (Diver, EOD, SWCC, SAR and SEAL)

JSantoro
06-16-10, 13:11
Don't discount the Coast Guard. They kinda like folks with prior small-arms experience, and they help train up the USN Riverine Squadrons that took over the brown-water mission from the Corps.

http://www.uscg.mil/smtc/

rickrock305
06-16-10, 14:58
already lurked there. The minimum requirments seem kinda low for spec type stuff.

And they say they take prior service . I hear there are a lot of marines that go army sf and do well.

from what i hear, they have so many candidates that you're not going to get a contract with minimum requirements. knock a few minutes off the swim and run, and double the calisthenics and you'll be where you need to be. should be aiming for at least the competitive scores listed here.

http://www.sealchallenge.navy.mil/swcc/pstoverview.aspx

I don't know all that much about SWCC, but those requirements that I saw up on the first website you listed are correct. IIRC, those are also the "minimum" for SEAL, though you usually won't get a contract until you do somewhat better than that.

ETA: I am positive that those requirements are across the board for Navy SpecOps/SpecWar (Diver, EOD, SWCC, SAR and SEAL)

there are different PST requirements for all of them.

Smuckatelli
06-16-10, 18:16
Specific to going green.

Do you speak anyother languages? If not have you taken the DLAB?

If you are an NCO; have you thought about FAST?