PDA

View Full Version : NE OKLAHOMA TRAINING.

tiny_tj
06-15-10, 21:45
Looking to make some new friends and get some good training in NE Oklahoma. Im a current LEO, and very responsible. If you know of any training or shoots in this area feel free to chime in and hit me up with a pm.

Josh-L
06-16-10, 09:20
How far NE are you? We have monthly training get togethers at the OKC gun club.

tiny_tj
06-16-10, 10:44
Thanks for asking, but im in Grove. 90 miles NE of Tulsa. I have been to a few gun clubs in OKC over the years, but its just a little to far to drive. every now and then i get a chance to get to the tulsa area. does anyone know anything about the USSA?. I have been thinking about becoming a member.

Josh-L
06-16-10, 16:55
Yep you are NE... lol.

USSA has awesome facilities. The only place NE I have first hands experience with is TDSA in Tulsa. I would just try and find some like minded people close to you and set up monthly things like us OKC guys do at whatever range you have access to. I can't believe I'm doing this but you might join www.okshooters.com if and PM a member named ef9turbo. He is LE for some county up NE I'm pretty sure. He might could point you in the right direction.

one
07-31-11, 13:24
I love Grove, spent a ton of time there growing up.

USSA is a fantastic facility. If you get on their site, or friend them on facebook, you'll find a lot of things go on there. Matches, tons of training, events such as speakers that they host. Machine gun shoots.

It's well worth checking out.

Jesse Tischauser
08-01-11, 10:36
Jump on BoomerShooter.com forum. There are a bunch if guys that train at USSA, Oil Capital, Alpha Training Academy, and Redcastle. Hope to see you you over there.

nobody knows
01-19-12, 02:02
How do you go about getting in on the monthly training up in okc? I live in lawton and between both of the forums we have there are almost nobody down here, and the ones that do live down here don't seem to be the type that want to actually get out and train. They just want to collect their toys. For what It's worth I have a private range but can't find anyone motivated enough to come dawn.

Jesse Tischauser
01-19-12, 07:54
How do you go about getting in on the monthly training up in okc? I live in lawton and between both of the forums we have there are almost nobody down here, and the ones that do live down here don't seem to be the type that want to actually get out and train. They just want to collect their toys. For what It's worth I have a private range but can't find anyone motivated enough to come dawn.

I know a few people from the Lawton/Chickasha are that shoot a lot. What kind of training r u wanting to do? The guys I shoot with train a lot by shooting USPSA and/or 3 gun competitions. You should come to a match and meet some of these guys. I'm sure several if them would love to help u fill your berms with lead.

NL7CO
01-19-12, 08:14

What kind of training are you wanting to do?

Lots of us live in Lawton and lots of us shoot.

Some of us are even going to go shoot the Combat Rifle Championship that ACTS puts on in September.

Some of us shoot every competition that comes up. Me, I try to shoot at least three a month.

Been to Comanche Skeet to shoot some rounds or a semi-friendly competition?

Did you shoot the Steel out at SCRAP on Saturday? How about the USPSA match there on Sunday? BAMR match there a couple of weeks ago?

Been to DTR down in Wichita Falls? They've got something for everyone.

Been down to Granfield to shoot the Cowboy stuff?

Been out to Duke for IDPA, USPSA, or their weird little side shoots that are a cross between USPSA, SASS, Zombie killers of America, etc?

Been on BoomerShooter.com to find out when and where some of are going to shoot?

OK, I'm kidding about Zombie Killers of America, but as you can see there are lots of things going on around Lawton. We're even starting to work the political side to get a range in Comanche County that is open to everyone.

Don

glocktogo
01-19-12, 08:41
Thanks for asking, but im in Grove. 90 miles NE of Tulsa. I have been to a few gun clubs in OKC over the years, but its just a little to far to drive. every now and then i get a chance to get to the tulsa area. does anyone know anything about the USSA?. I have been thinking about becoming a member.

tiny, USSA is an excellent facility and they have frequent training opportunities. They even have a training group that meets frequently for a decent price. Get on their mailing list here: http://usshootingacademy.com/

The closest to you would be Alpha in Pryor: http://alphatrainingacademy.com/ I haven't ben there yet, but I've known Robert for a long time and he's good people. They're probably a little more competition oriented if I know Robert.

If you're available this Sunday, USSA will be holding a 2 gun match that should be very good. It's carbine out to 110 yards for about 150 rounds and pistol for about 70. They'll be using the 360 degree indoor shoot house for one stage and the 360 degree open range for another, plus three 60 yard bays that are about 35 yards wide.

Jesse Tischauser
01-19-12, 09:04
tiny, USSA is an excellent facility and they have frequent training opportunities. They even have a training group that meets frequently for a decent price. Get on their mailing list here: http://usshootingacademy.com/

The closest to you would be Alpha in Pryor: http://alphatrainingacademy.com/ I haven't ben there yet, but I've known Robert for a long time and he's good people. They're probably a little more competition oriented if I know Robert.

If you're available this Sunday, USSA will be holding a 2 gun match that should be very good. It's carbine out to 110 yards for about 150 rounds and pistol for about 70. They'll be using the 360 degree indoor shoot house for one stage and the 360 degree open range for another, plus three 60 yard bays that are about 35 yards wide.

Hey Jerry, long time no see. Hope all is well. I agree with Jerry love me some USSA and ATA. In fact I'm headed up to USSA Sunday to shoot.

glocktogo
01-20-12, 02:07
Hey Jerry, long time no see. Hope all is well. I agree with Jerry love me some USSA and ATA. In fact I'm headed up to USSA Sunday to shoot.

Pretty well. I've taken a few months off since the World Shoot, trying to recuperate! :)

If I make it out Sunday, it will be my 1st match since World. Hope to see you there!

Grant Tactical Training
08-13-12, 10:56
There is a place in Van Buren, AR, just east of Fort Smith, AR. The company is called is Grant Tactical Training and they are partnered with THOR Global Defense Group. They offer courses from one inch to one mile.

arushus
01-04-13, 16:36
I know this is an old thread, but just putting it out there that I live in NE OK also, in Chouteau, which is a small town ten miles south of pryor. Im a beginner on the AR, which is to say I have no formal training. Ive grown up with firearms all my life, and can shoot the AR well, but like I said, no formal training, and I would very much like to go to a few classes. Tulsa is close enough to me for it to not be much of a drive, forty miles or so...Im thinking of trying out the US shooting academy...

Jesse Tischauser
01-04-13, 16:55
I know this is an old thread, but just putting it out there that I live in NE OK also, in Chouteau, which is a small town ten miles south of pryor. Im a beginner on the AR, which is to say I have no formal training. Ive grown up with firearms all my life, and can shoot the AR well, but like I said, no formal training, and I would very much like to go to a few classes. Tulsa is close enough to me for it to not be much of a drive, forty miles or so...Im thinking of trying out the US shooting academy...

USSA and TDSA are both excellent training companies. I haven't taken any of their carbine courses but their pistol course got me lined out.

If you bring that AR up to the 3 Gun matches at USSA some of the regulars hand out free lessons every month ;)

arushus
01-04-13, 17:15
Hey Jesse, man, you are all over these Oklahoma sub-forums! Haha, you turned me onto boomer shooter over on glocktalk! I joined, but havent spent any time there since I did. I dunno why really, guess I just found these bigger forums more appealing... Thanks for the advice! I really do wanna learn more about proper shooting and tactics on the "Modern Sporting Rifle". I'd feel a little odd just showing up to a 3-gun match just for advice, haha...I am gonna check out some classes though, maybe some day down the road I'll look into some matches or competitions that arent real serious or competitive. You know, the kind where people are there more to have fun and learn than win the competition.

I know youre a big competitor in the 3-gun world. How have you been doing? Seems like I remember seeing your name on some various match results and rankings I peruse through occasionally.

Thanks again!

Jesse Tischauser
01-04-13, 20:45
Hey Jesse, man, you are all over these Oklahoma sub-forums! Haha, you turned me onto boomer shooter over on glocktalk! I joined, but havent spent any time there since I did. I dunno why really, guess I just found these bigger forums more appealing... Thanks for the advice! I really do wanna learn more about proper shooting and tactics on the "Modern Sporting Rifle". I'd feel a little odd just showing up to a 3-gun match just for advice, haha...I am gonna check out some classes though, maybe some day down the road I'll look into some matches or competitions that arent real serious or competitive. You know, the kind where people are there more to have fun and learn than win the competition.

I know youre a big competitor in the 3-gun world. How have you been doing? Seems like I remember seeing your name on some various match results and rankings I peruse through occasionally.

Thanks again!

Man I am on over 80 different forums trying to help shooters get into competitive shooting of some sort.

I was suggesting that you join us in shooting a 3 gun match so myself and the rest of the squad would be more than happy to tell you why we shoot the way we shoot. It won't be anything featured Towards defensive shooting but I know we can help you learn to shoot fast and accurate.

The matches at the local club or any for that matter are t all that competitive. Most of the competition goes in with yourself as you try to get better and faster each match. It's kinda like golf. We talk a little smack about beating each other but in the end its all about how you feel you did at the end of the day.

I was lucky enough to win the $5,000 check from Hornady for the 3 Gun Nation Heavy Metal Optics Division Title. The 3 Gun Nation Pro Tour has one stop left for the year, $50,000 shoot off in Vegas. When I win that its gonna be party on!

supplex
09-27-13, 21:01
New here to m4carbine, but well established elsewhere:ph34r:

I'm in the I40 corridor near FT smith.

We have an active group of legit guys who swear by DARC in little rock.

check them out, PM me for more info.