PDA

View Full Version : Question on MOE?

Evolution
06-16-10, 15:31
Yep, I'm new here; did a basic look around for the answer's but didn't find what I was questioning.

I've got a Bushmaster Carbine which I want to add on to a little bit. I was thinking about putting a rail on it, but someone suggested I use the MOE. I currently have their mags and a MBUS which I think are pretty darn good products, especially for the price.

So I'm thinking about adding the MOE handguard, which I believe would create a slightly lower profile than the Bushmaster handgaurd. This would allow me to move my EOTech forward a little more. Question one is, does this sound correct?

I would then like to add an MOE MVG, I assume that attaching the MOE MVG to the MOE handguard is basically a no brainer and will be sturdy.

Lastly, I'd like to add some rail sections, I hate to admit this is more about look than anything else. Is all this workable?

I tried to look on the Magpul site but didn't really see any pics that were definate MOE Handguards with rails and an MVG attached.

Anyone have any pictures of the type of setup I'm describing?

Thank you...

TehLlama
06-16-10, 15:35
This would work quite well with the EOTech mounted forward on the upper receiver.
The MVG/MOE handguard combo is fantastic, which is a great setup for lots of uses.
For the rails, I'm assuming you'd be mounting a light, in which case the MOE lighting kit and/or VTAC light mount is a real winning option.

For pictures of MOE handguards, look up Stickman's Flikr account, and search those for MOE products, there's tons in there.

Irish
06-16-10, 15:38
Try this for lots of info. http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Am4carbine.net+moe+handguard&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=

Evolution
06-16-10, 23:21
Thank you guys.

That provided me with the locations for most of the information I was looking for.

I'm really not planning on adding a light at the moment, but I am leaning toward a VG. I've still got a lot of reading and learning to do, I don't want to jump into something which isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

Jake Bauer
06-17-10, 18:48
The MVG does mount easily, and is VERY tight.

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo246/jrush820/IMG_5984-1.jpg