PDA

View Full Version : Can we get a night vision forum?

Caeser25
06-18-10, 17:10
There isn't much information here at all. I hate having to go to tos:eek: for my info. The guys at TNVC are here from time to time and are very knowledgable.

decodeddiesel
06-22-10, 09:22
I also think this would be a worth while section to have here at M4C.

Titleist
06-22-10, 10:47
Agreed, discussions of weapon lasers, helmets, illuminators, and general usage. Along with picture threads. Puhlease! :cool:

m249saw
06-22-10, 12:47
I 4th this motion

Gutshot John
06-22-10, 15:20
Unanimity is a wonderful thing.

Let's hope it's not a trend. :D

Ga Shooter
06-22-10, 15:31
Great idea!!! I would love to see one. OOPPS!! there I go with the trend:D

CENTCOM_Survivor
06-22-10, 15:41
It would be nice to have a NVG area. I got a lot of info on setting up my Bell helmet over at the other AR forum. ;)

Caeser25
06-22-10, 17:53
I also think this would be a worth while section to have here at M4C.

I'm actually surprised there isn't one considering as professional as a place this is compared to most other places out there.

Agreed, discussions of weapon lasers, helmets, illuminators, and general usage. Along with picture threads. Puhlease! :cool:

I think you and the guys from TNVC might need your own "premium" pic thread:o

Titleist
06-22-10, 18:08
I think you and the guys from TNVC might need your own "premium" pic thread:o

Sharing is caring! :D

But at the same time I learn so much from seeing how others run their kit as well.

decodeddiesel
06-22-10, 19:45
I am in the midst of finishing a small project at my work which involved a large amount of IR and NV research and development. It was fun project and it would have been nice to have a resource to learn from and share with here at M4C.

Ned Christiansen
06-22-10, 21:22
I support the idea BUT so that it is accessible only to those who really have NV gear I propose the screen colors and intensity be adjusted so that it appears to be a blank screen unless viewed with...... NV gear.

In case there are any doubts, that is meant as a joke:D

Titleist
06-22-10, 22:05
Unfortunately the HTML4 that this site was built in will not allow for display in 830nm only. :D

decodeddiesel
06-22-10, 22:44
Hahaha, NV readable M4C, nice. On our AFATDS artillery managment system in the 101st we had a screen setting that was meant for NV reading hahaha.

Speaking of wave lengths, we used 850 nm Osram LEDs in our illuminator. They are friggen awesome, but they do have a good amount of faint red glow.

See, we're already getting into a relevant discussion of NV equipment hahaha.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-23-10, 00:11
I actually have business cards that are all black, but can be read with near-IR imagers. Had to make them by hand in the lab. Kind of fun to hand out, a pain to make.

blade_68
06-23-10, 00:16
It sounds like a good new section to develop. I remember the old POS PVS-5 nvgs, and PVS-4, TAS-5
then blown away when I got PVS-7B issued in 89. now the PVS-7s are "old school"