PDA

View Full Version : TAMU - Stolen Valor! Fake SEAL

Vic303
06-18-10, 19:33
Texas A&M Admin guy claims to be a SEAL--BUSTED!

http://www.theeagle.com/am/Questions-arise-over-resume-of-A-M-s-No--2-administrator-

thopkins22
06-18-10, 19:46
So if I read it properly, nobody would have known this guy was a liar had this newspaper not done some homework? Good for them. I have trouble understanding how people can think these lies won't catch up with them in the age of the internet.:confused:

I love the comment on the website, "They should have known he wasnt a seal when they got a look at his giant head. He would sink right to the bottom."

Lying on resumes is very common.

I had a professor who suggested I explain that during my time in Venezuela, I was the head of some obscure save the dolphins campaign. He went on to say, "I promise you that 99% of employers and admissions people don't check the most basic facts, much less far out claims."

He wasn't serious of course, just pointing out that appearance, connections, and first impressions mean much more than minutia inside of resumes.

kry226
06-18-10, 19:49
You would think some references would have been checked for a $300K a year job. This dude's whole life appears to be a lie. :rolleyes:

CarlosDJackal
06-18-10, 21:42
Did you see the size of that dude's forehead?! :eek:

Abraxas
06-18-10, 21:56
I have trouble understanding how people can think these lies won't catch up with them in the age of the internet.:confused:

Lying on resumes is very common.

One of my personal favorites happened when someone applied for a job with the Highway Patrol in my home state. Apparently some guy applied and had on his resume that he was some sort war hero and had two degrees. For some reason he did not think that they would check up on him. I don't know why, they tell you that they are going to.Anyway, I guess it took all of 30 min to figure out that not only was he not a war hero he was never even in the military. He was some clerk in a law office and did not have a college degree either:rolleyes:

jklaughrey
06-19-10, 00:53
What a TOOL!

500grains
06-19-10, 00:54
I hate this crap. Hopefully they will find a way to prosecute that jerk from Texas A&M.

GermanSynergy
06-19-10, 09:13
What color is the boathouse at BUDS? :D

Moose-Knuckle
06-19-10, 10:34
What a f'n d-bag...he needs to do some time.

Heartland Hawk
06-19-10, 18:45
What a f'n d-bag...he needs to do some time.

Exactly. I don't know how he thinks he could get away with this shit.

El Mac
06-20-10, 12:46
Exactly. I don't know how he thinks he could get away with this shit.

Especially at a school like Texas A&M that is so intertwined with the US Military.

Good riddance to a total D-bag.