PDA

View Full Version : Found a SUPER DAVE Training Video!

C4IGrant
05-30-07, 13:48
I was looking at a contractor training video, when I came across this vid of "Super Dave" shooting in a class.

For those that have trained under SD, there is no spoon (Dude). :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17_WTP517ec&NR=1

C4

John_Wayne777
05-30-07, 14:15
He's the one with the knives, right?

Sam
05-30-07, 14:37

knives? I didn't see any knives in the video. You're freakin' me out, testing my skills dude, don't freelance on me dude. :)

John_Wayne777
05-30-07, 14:55
knives? I didn't see any knives in the video. You're freakin' me out, testing my skills dude, don't freelance on me dude. :)

*looks around nervously*

I heard me some stuff, man....and some things, man.....

*looks around nervously*

Hawkeye
05-30-07, 15:27
Very impressive.

C4IGrant
05-30-07, 16:47

Yes. He is the one I told you about in the Vickers AK class (about being 20yds down range in front of live fire).

C4

C4IGrant
05-30-07, 16:48

DUDES! Stay away from the truck!

C4

M4arc
05-30-07, 17:35
You're freakin' me out, testing my skills dude, don't freelance on me dude. :)

:D

Grant, what was it that he called you the entire class? I'm dying to remember so that I can call you that from now on :p

I remember running the Gauntlet like it was yesterday...

M4arc
05-30-07, 17:37
DUDES! Stay away from the truck!

C4

That would have been me. If Jersey Steve hadn't been there to stop me from tying my shoe on Super Dave's tailgate there's no telling what would of happened to me :(

I owe Jersey Steve big time!

sjauch
05-30-07, 17:39
Oh man, good stuff. That was an interesting class!!! I'd do it again!!

M4arc
05-30-07, 17:41

Me too. I'd love to take another class with Super Dave.

ygbsm
05-30-07, 19:58
Anyways, lots of moving parts dude...
There is no level...
So, whatcha got going on there dude?

Matt Edwards
05-30-07, 23:40
I showed that to a freind a while back that was interested in getting a pistol. He was not sure if a 1911 was sutable for personal defense.
Of course, correct me if I'm wrong, it also looks like he uses a G19 in a couple of shots.
I've been waiting for him to come back to the GA area. Anybody got any poop on this.

Matt

striped1
05-31-07, 06:38
I would love to seem him come to Northern New England. Anyone see a schedule for him?

C4IGrant
05-31-07, 08:03

Grant, what was it that he called you the entire class? I'm dying to remember so that I can call you that from now on :p

I remember running the Gauntlet like it was yesterday...

He called me Lance the enitire class even though several people corrected him (every day).

C4

C4IGrant
05-31-07, 08:04

I would actually take another class from him, but not to grow my shooting skills. Just to listen to him talk is worth the price of admission alone (and to see if he would actually shoot anyone that touched his truck).

C4

Robb Jensen
05-31-07, 08:05
He called me Lance the enitire class even though several people corrected him (every day).

C4

Whatever works, at least he didn't call you Sally ! :D

C4IGrant
05-31-07, 08:17
Whatever works, at least he didn't call you Sally ! :D

Lance really didn't bother me (been called worse).

C4

Jay Cunningham
05-31-07, 08:21

C4

For some reason I find that hysterical.

C4IGrant
05-31-07, 08:23
For some reason I find that hysterical.

It is pretty funny, but you should have been there when he chewed our ass for going to Subway. Now that was REALLY funny!

C4

Jay Cunningham
05-31-07, 08:38
It is pretty funny, but you should have been there when he chewed our ass for going to Subway. Now that was REALLY funny!

C4

This guy Super Dave seems like a truly amazing individual. There's not too many guys who feel confident enough to sport the mullet hairstyle and look good while doing it. The only others I can think of are Eric Roberts and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper.

C4IGrant
05-31-07, 08:42
This guy Super Dave seems like a truly amazing individual. There's not too many guys who feel confident enough to sport the mullet hairstyle and look good while doing it. The only others I can think of are Eric Roberts and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper.

I don't think he is really a fan of the "mud flap", but it hides the scar where they had to fuse his Vertebra together. :eek:

Because of this, the guy walks like Robo Cop (and is big like him too).

C4

Jay Cunningham
05-31-07, 08:47
Perhaps one day I will have enough "skills" to take a class from Dave, but I don't think that will be for a couple of years...

C4IGrant
05-31-07, 09:04
Perhaps one day I will have enough "skills" to take a class from Dave, but I don't think that will be for a couple of years...

Ya know how some instructors are very good shooters, but are poor instructors (meaning they have a hard time passing info in a useable manner)?

My suggest would be to continue to take classes from Vickers.

C4

M4arc
05-31-07, 09:11

C4

That's it!!! LANCE! :D

I actually heard DP tell him your name was "Grant" but he just kept on calling you Lance.

BBBWWWWWAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Hey, it's better than GrantHawk ;)

yrac
05-31-07, 09:33

C4

Amen!

I would actually take another class from him, but not to grow my shooting skills. Just to listen to him talk is worth the price of admission alone (and to see if would actually shoot anyone that touched his truck).

C4

My biggest takeaway from SDave's class was related to mindset. Some notable points:

When you pick up a weapon, it had better be ready - mag in, round chambered, optic switched on, lense caps open, BUIS ready for immediate use, "positive control over the weapon."
The world is not a cold range - deal with it.
What weapons do you have at your disposal (not just firearms), and how well can you transition between them as necessary?
If your long gun is dry, and you're not in the process of making it ready, you'd better have a "blaster" in your hand.

In short, SDave believes that when you go armed, don't be half-a$$ed about it. Be ready to "get it on." He most definitely has a "meat eater" attitude, and gently encourages :eek: his students to adopt the same.

(Note to emphasize that the above is not meant to imply that SDave encouraged an "in-your-face, I have a weapon and I'll use it" attitude. It was more "if you carry a weapon, then make it physically ready, and make yourself mentally ready.")

Sam
05-31-07, 10:02
Lance really didn't bother me (been called worse).

C4

I was called "wildman" a few times for freelancing during drills. :)

C4IGrant
05-31-07, 10:07
I was called "wildman" a few times for freelancing during drills. :)

There was a lot of "freelancing" in our class well. Me thinks it was because the students couldn't either figure out what he wanted or forgot what they were supposed to do after a 30 minute lecture.

C4

Sam
05-31-07, 10:08
... (and to see if would actually shoot anyone that touched his truck).

C4

That threat started a few years ago when a guy name Hector who had an AK slung in front of him leaned on the truck and put a scratch on it.

C4IGrant
05-31-07, 10:12
That threat started a few years ago when a guy name Hector who had an AK slung in front of him leaned on the truck and put a scratch on it.

I think he mentioned that in our class "some AHOLE with an AK scratched my truck."

We had a couple people get within 10ft of the F150 and thought he was going to start shooting. Since none of us really knew the guy, we kind of thought he was joking (as it is just an older F150), but quickly learned he was not.

C4

rhino
05-31-07, 15:35
What is "Super Dave"'s last name? I think I know who he is, but the last name elude my aging memory right now.

Does "freelancing" refer to someone doing something other than the drill requested?

Barry in IN
05-31-07, 15:39
Harrington.

And let me know if you hear he schedules a class in our area.

Business_Casual
05-31-07, 17:48
I'd love to do a pistol class with "S" Dave. He is switched on and a great shooter.

ETA - if you're going to talk trash you should have the courtesy to email or some how contact him to read this thread. And you should have the common sense to not post what other people said without asking their permission.

M_P

SHIVAN
05-31-07, 20:33
The way you guys talked him up, I thought he was going to be bigger. :D

Sam
05-31-07, 21:41
The way you guys talked him up, I thought he was going to be bigger. :D

6'4" - 250lb of tactical madness ain't big? :D

ygbsm
05-31-07, 23:36
It's not just his size, but his ability to switch on and off instantaneously. Then, when he is switched on, he is frickin foaming at the mouth- tuck em in for the dirt nap- make a decision- switched on. Then he switches back and says, ok dude.

SHIVAN
05-31-07, 23:40
Mental image from the descriptions I received verbally was of a real American badass physically modeled after the infamous Dolph Lungren:

http://www.ugo.com/images/galleries/dolphlundgren_filmtv/dolphlundgren_1.jpg

:p

ygbsm
06-01-07, 22:31
I was thinking of something more along the lines of Conan with an M4.

DrMark
06-02-07, 01:57
http://members.cox.net/drmark/Lance.jpg

C4IGrant
06-03-07, 18:50
Just spent the weekend with LAV and Hackathorn. They had some SD stories that made me cry.

C4

Jay Cunningham
06-03-07, 19:01
Just spent the weekend with LAV and Hackathorn. They had some SD stories tha made me cry.

C4

I would be willing to buy the beer just to hear some of those.

Hawkeye
06-03-07, 19:18
I would be willing to buy the beer just to hear some of those.

Screw the beer. IM, Email, Phone...........

Leonidas
06-03-07, 22:40
"And that's why you don't have a space program" :D

Nathan_Bell
06-04-07, 07:48
"And that's why you don't have a space program" :D

"So this gris gris will make you bulletproof?"

C4IGrant
06-04-07, 07:51
I like the below one the best!

C4

"My Eyes are this far apart!"
http://www.aasharks.com/types-of-sharks/shark-pictures/great-hammerhead-shark-picture-05.jpg

Nathan_Bell
06-04-07, 07:53
I like the below one the best!

C4

"My Eyes are this far apart!"
http://www.aasharks.com/types-of-sharks/shark-pictures/great-hammerhead-shark-picture-05.jpg

The award I won!:o

Mojo58
06-05-07, 01:15
That video is great! I'm impressed with those instructors that use duty gear when demonstrating. He's so smooth with his reloads. The gamey run & gun "attitude" that I've seen in some videos on the net leave little to be desired from my perspective. Thanks for posting that!

Derek_Connor
06-05-07, 05:29
I attended a super dave class in november in Atlanta. Definitely one of the most interesting weekends in my "training" career

C4IGrant
06-05-07, 10:57
Well I guess the fun is over. Someone pulled the SD vid. :(

C4

Derek_Connor
06-05-07, 11:54
Well I guess the fun is over. Someone pulled the SD vid. :(

C4

I remember he had a disclaimer at our class in november saying any pics/vids were to stay in house...and NOT end up on you tube...

whoever posted that video might have ignored the disclaimer or one wasn't given in class..:confused:

Dave G
06-18-07, 15:19

I wondered where that came from.

Sam
06-25-07, 14:45
I would actually take another class from him, but not to grow my shooting skills. Just to listen to him talk is worth the price of admission alone (and to see if he would actually shoot anyone that touched his truck).

C4

http://www.southrivergunclub.com/2007shootschedule.htm

This was posted recently. SDH will be doing a class in the Atlanta area in September. Not quite NoVA but if anybody wants to take a drive down south, here's your chance.