PDA

View Full Version : Lumapower M3 CREE light?

ashooter
05-30-07, 14:16
Does anybody know anything about this light?

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/lumapower_m3.htm

Sounds like it might be pretty nice as either a handheld or a lightweight weapon-mounted light. Too bad it's made by Chicoms.

SuicideHz
06-05-07, 23:00
I just got my 3w CREE LED replacement that fits anything that takes a P60 or P61 lamp.

It's as bright or brighter than my SF X200a light...

For $12.50 shipped from HK you can put one in a $30 SF G2 and be good to go. Or a 6p or 9p.

ashooter
06-06-07, 07:47
For $12.50 shipped from HK you can put one in a $30 SF G2 and be good to go. Or a 6p or 9p.

Cool. So how do I order one? I'm not an HK guy and from what I've seen, anything that comes from them is hard for normal earth people to acquire.

Neville
06-06-07, 09:04
HK = HongKong, not Hk! :D

A link to these modules would be great!

ashooter
06-06-07, 09:18
HK = HongKong, not Hk! :D

A link to these modules would be great!

Hong Kong - :eek:

I second the motion for a link or a source!

nickdrak
06-06-07, 10:13
The CREE LED lamps are excellent. The only thing that I dislike about the LumaPower lights is (#1) they usually use a "reverse" clicky tailcap which I cant stand. It functions as: Click once for LOW/Click again for HIGH/Click again for OFF. There is no momentary on :(

(#2) they are made in China. :(

Unfortunately, I think all of the CREE lamps are manufacturered in China currently, but they do work damn well! I know Surefire is starting to use CREE LED's in some of their lights starting late this summer, but im not sure if they are manufacturing the CREE's that they are gonna use, or if they are outsourcing to China???

If you are looking for a good source for the LumaPower lights, Amondotech.com has been good to me. They are also a great source for cheap CR123A Lithium batteries. They have their "Titanium" brand 123's for $1.00each, and they are as good as any Lithium CR123's I have ever used.

I had one of the LumaPower M1 CREE lights, but I couldnt stand the tailcap assembly. The light did feel well made and finished, and the CREE lamp worked great.

SuicideHz
06-06-07, 18:54
Well I wasn't going to post until I found out if Grant was going to carry them or not but oh well...

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1447

http://www.dealextreme.com/productimages/sku_1447_4_small.jpg

9DivDoc
06-06-07, 20:15
I have had the MRV for a couple of weeks now...

Great dog walking light here in Coyote,Skunkville

I installed the reverse clickie...as the other switch is a twisty...dont really like
either...but I was promised a 'tactical' clickie was going to be made available soon

The heat sinking on this is great...except it is nickel plated...and this plating is the only
thing they've found that works...

Not too 'combaty' very shiny...nickel like...

But this is a throw monster and uses (2) C123A..also the rechargeable variety
or an 18650 protected cell...which is nice...very long run times...charges up nicely

However another new kid on the block......

Wolf Eyes.....

From candle power forums...

The D2AX-11 is a Cree P4 LED light with a two stage high and low output, with the standard LED assembly being quoted at 130 lumens for 5 hours (130 min regulated) and 15 lumens for 60 hours. Also on offer is the HO LED LA offering 170 lumens for 4 hours (80 min reg) and 20 lumens for 50 hours. These figures are using CR 123's. The LED is 3.7-6V meaning that it could be driven by both primaries and a 18650, making it very versatile. According to the website the light maintains the tactical tail clickie, whilst being switched between high and low output by twisting the bezel.