PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about Surefire L1 Lumamax

Repr762
06-19-10, 10:33
A friend had one of these and I was very impressed on the small size, output, and weight for my AR. If I bought this model, I would want to mount it at the 11:00 position top of my rail. What would be a recommended mount for this light? It does have some ridge variations on the body and of course the clip would be removed.

GKoenig
06-19-10, 22:13
FYI: I think there is an LX1 coming out soonish (SureFire sucks at releasing things with anything resembling speed).

If it is as significant as the upgrade that the L2 > LX2 provided, you'll want to wait!

Repr762
06-20-10, 09:55
Ok....I'm not in a hurry to purchase a light. I'll check your recommendation out. Thanks.

trukreltrog
06-20-10, 18:50
While I do love the L1 as an EDC. Especially the way the tail cap works.

I'm not so sure it would make a good Weapon Light. Because of the way the tailcap works. But then I like clickies better, JMO,,, Better option, Scout Light. ;)

LaRue makes a good mount,,,

Repr762
06-22-10, 18:51
Yeah...the tailcap clicker was an intial concern but I was more impressed with the compactness. I wanted to lighten the load on my rifle as much as possible and my buddy showed my his L1. I was very impressed. I'm assuming that the tailcap could be switched out?

M4Fundi
06-22-10, 19:10
Its my favorite all time EDC light, but you do need to decide if that tailcap works for you. For HD it might be great, but for extended light on situations like for LEO work you might prefer ability to click on.

dp0350
06-22-10, 19:11
Wow, glad I caught this post. I was close to pulling the trigger on a L1 but I too will wait for the LX1. Surefire does make clickies for most of their tactical switch lights.