PDA

View Full Version : weaponlight mount that uses radiator hose clamps!

500grains
06-20-10, 08:56
And only $55!

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/174506000/174506105/pix446781515.jpg

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=174506105

M4Guru
06-20-10, 09:06
That's for an MP5SD...pretty old school right there. That was the standard for a long time.

Thomas M-4
06-20-10, 09:09
Back in the day that was the sopmod :eek:kit hoseclamped dive light screwed into the handgaurds Thank goodness those days are long gone.

tpd223
06-20-10, 15:03
I remember the hose clamp trick, saw several MP5SDs with a Mag Light mounted on the gun.

Back in the day I did a metric buttload of entries with a CAR-15 that had a 6P, later a 9P, mounted to the handguard with 100mph tape.

Come to think of it, that set-up actually worked better than many of the store bought mounts I have seen since.

PRGGodfather
06-20-10, 15:20
Necessity is the mother of invention. :D

Hose clamps, zip ties and 100 mph tape are staples for field expedient solutions. Not as pretty, and very old school cool -- but they work in a pinch, and were better than going without.

Of course, modern era products like Magpul, LaRue, Daniel Defense and others have made things more interchangeable -- yet sturdy, polished and clean -- but utility should always drive us. We have integrated light mounts today, because some sharp folks found ways to improve the systems issued to them, and when those ideas caught on, trainers developed techniques to accommodate those changes.

Manufacturers develop what the consumer develops as needs and wants, and it was this kind of approach that gave birth to so many great products we know today. Skillsets and equipment development are separate priorities to be sure, but they are very closely related -- and both drive this industry, our economy and even our health as a nation to an extent. We NEED to manufacture more in this country, as we have outsourced ourselves into global dependency.

Ever lose a detent and trim some nozzle tube from a WD40 can as a temporary fix? Good old-fashioned American ingenuity made this country great, and from what I can tell, we could use a resurgence.

MarkG
06-20-10, 23:36
I remember the hose clamp trick, saw several MP5SDs with a Mag Light mounted on the gun.

Back in the day I did a metric buttload of entries with a CAR-15 that had a 6P, later a 9P, mounted to the handguard with 100mph tape.

Come to think of it, that set-up actually worked better than many of the store bought mounts I have seen since.

Any relation to a an imperial crap ton?