PDA

View Full Version : Bolt cycling question

jahwarrior1423
06-20-10, 12:09
I have a AR built for predator hunting. It's a Oly Arm's 20" rifle length barrel, Young NM bolt/carrier, Sun Devil billet upper/lower, Timney trigger, A2 (or A3, which ever is longer) rifle stock.

I started this thread because I have a small concern.

I havnt taken my AR out in the field yet for use but have taken it to range to zero in my scope. I already had to fix a gas issue with the Young BCG.

Now; while shooting, I can feel the BCG cycle alot more than I do with my other AR (mid-length). And while the BCG cycles, the buffer spring seems to be "bouncing" in the stock and I can hear it as well. I noticed it when I was shooting my AR when I had my gas issue with the BCG (it was a single shot then). But now that it's semi-auto again, I can notice the issue a lot more.

I didnt build my rifle. I had it built by a local AR builder here in my state.

Is this normal? Should I try something different?

Quib
06-20-10, 12:16
Hearing the Buffer Spring resonate within the Receiver Extension is totally normal.

Pumpkinheaver
06-20-10, 19:59
Hearing the Buffer Spring resonate within the Receiver Extension is totally normal.

Yup, I have pretty much blocked it out but if I listen for it I can still hear it. You'll get used to it after a while.