PDA

View Full Version : Titan Defense Uppers? just rumors

jeepnut83
06-20-10, 18:44
Does anyone know when the TD415 will be out I have been to there website, and called, and emailed; but never got a response? I really like the looks of the upper and the price is not bad for a piston, but when does it come out?

variablebinary
06-20-10, 18:59
I wrote a mini review about the Titan upper awhile ago.

Lots of rumors that the whole project is DOA, the Titan guys are MIA and not clarifying where the 415 stands.

Kind of a bummer, because I thought it was an interesting project.

Here is what I wrote about it on this forum: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=38560

mildot
06-20-10, 19:04
I was following that thread and its seems that they had "strange bed fellows' that may have influenced the out come. Good review BTW. The upper showed alot of promise.

jeepnut83
06-21-10, 06:49
I read the review you did and I was looking forward as I love the 416 look, and a HK416 is way out of my price range and a MR556 can not be used on a normal mil spec lower, which I would have guessed because HK hates us! I have had fund for a piston upper and I thought the TD415 would fit the bill, but I guess I will be buying a LWRC M6A3 upper if this is a DOA or the TD crew is MIA, which is a shame.

500grains
06-21-10, 10:41
... a MR556 can not be used on a normal mil spec lower, which I would have guessed because HK hates us!

Their explanation is that German law prohibits them from selling MG parts to civvies, so they had to change the holes to make them not fit M16 lowers.

Oh well.

kdcgrohl
06-21-10, 11:40
Their explanation is that German law prohibits them from selling MG parts to civvies, so they had to change the holes to make them not fit M16 lowers.

Oh well.

Whoa whoa whoa... Where are you getting your info? The MR223 had the non spec take down pin location. The MR556's for US consumption will have the "normal" pin location.

500grains
06-21-10, 11:43
About a year or year and a half ago I read that on the HK pro forum. Maybe the ones made in DE for export had to have the pin location changed, but if they are making the ones for the US market in one of their US facilities, then DE law no longer applies?

kdcgrohl
06-21-10, 11:47
About a year or year and a half ago I read that on the HK pro forum. Maybe the ones made in DE for export had to have the pin location changed, but if they are making the ones for the US market in one of their US facilities, then DE law no longer applies?

Correct. Initial samples I believe were based off of the MR223(European/Canadian version). The US MR556 will be standard.(There was quite a big fuss about this, I suppose HK USA finally listened to something...)

KingsideRook
06-21-10, 13:01
Correct. Initial samples I believe were based off of the MR223(European/Canadian version). The US MR556 will be standard.(There was quite a big fuss about this, I suppose HK USA finally listened to something...)

Yes, this is so. I remember raging out loud at H&K for initially stating that the US (MR556) would have proprietary pin locations. Thankfully, the company did apparently listen to customer feedback, and resolved to offer the MR556 with the pins in the correct positions. I'm glad they resolved whatever German legal issue would have prevented them from doing so.

jeepnut83
06-21-10, 19:16
So HK will be selling complete rifles; but I doubt they will be selling uppers

organdonor
06-21-10, 22:26
I bet HK paid them off now the TD boys are sipping Mai Tais on a beach somewhere.

M4Guru
06-22-10, 17:20
I would be more willing to bet they lawyered them into submission, but that is purely a guess.