PDA

View Full Version : Weapn storage in vehicles

99HMC4
06-21-10, 10:32
Okay what do the experts say on this issue? Reason I ask is it came up in one of my threads https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=56455 Ive had formal handgun and rifle traing but Im no expert. My thoughts are if your going to carry a weapon you need to carry it. Unless otherwise effected by the laws in your state. In my truck I have at least one rifle within arms reach of me sitting in the driver seat and I always have a sidearm on me at all time as well. My main question is what do the experts say about trunk mounted weapons and deployment when needed?

joe138
06-21-10, 11:18
Under previous admins. we had the long guns in the trunks. Pretty useless for emergency calls. It was Ok for perimeter, searchs or the like. Now the long guns are mounted in the passenger compartment. Easier to use. For a POV, I am mixed. Mounted in the passenger compartment makes it easier to use and to steal, the trunk seems more secure, out of sight out of mind, although much slower. But there have also been long guns stolen from marked units, out of racks. Given enough time, about anything can be defeated. So I straddled the fence.
It is a given that there is a handgun on your person, of course.