PDA

View Full Version : Gladius on a 870

trappernana
06-21-10, 11:49
Is it "Shock" proof enough? Will it hold up over time? What do you guys think? Thanks

NCPatrolAR
06-21-10, 13:23
THe Gladius uses a LED so there is no concern over shock affecting the light, minus impact to the batteries.

I don't care for the Gladius as a handheld light and certainly wouldn't stick one on a long gun. For me; the best 870 light is the Surefire foreend.

trappernana
06-21-10, 15:29
Thanks for the info. Beggers can't be choosers. I got it free and I'm very thankful to Grant for it.

Dennis
06-21-10, 18:29
While I agree that every 870 needs a dedicated SF forend light, I find the Gladius to be a very unique and usable light. I mounted one on my CQB carbine a couple years ago just for fun and it has worked great for a few thousand rounds now. A bit of skaters tape on the rotating tailcap switch really makes use easier as well.

This is an original Gladius that not only got a tailcap replacement/upgrade, but a new OEM LED upgrade as well. I do question it's super reliability if you use the tailcap as a hammer, but the light is well thought out and can be used very effectively with a little practice.

Dennis.

2Sharp
06-27-10, 14:15
I don't care for the Gladius controls, but, i had one ducttaped to "my" issued 870 and shot it a lot without any issues on the light. it never ceased to work or anything.

I didn't shoot any people with it, it was only used for dog-shooting, i shot roughly 110-120 dogs with it and let's say 2 rounds per dog, some really wasn't interested in giving up easily. Add another bunch of rounds shot at the range, i'd say that light is pretty reliable.

I'd go for a Surefire forend if i end up being issued another, but if you have that Gladius, use it.