PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Retention holster for HK45 as of 6/21/2010?...

SloaneRanger
06-21-10, 16:03
Fellers..

I would like suggestions on a tactical thigh mount retention style holster for my HK45 full size.

I have done the 'searches' and most info seems to be dated from 2008 or so when the HK45 was being introduced...

Looks like I can get a Safariland 6004 (and that may be the way I have to go) but I would prefer a Blackhawk SERPA style...

Does Blackhawk still not make a SERPA for the HK45? Any other suggestions?

I do not currently run any weapon light on the pistol but may add one (before I buy the holster)..

I am looking forward to being able to “Rock out with my ‘Koch’ Out!”…;)

Thanks in advance…

Outlander Systems
06-21-10, 16:58
Firstly, whatever you do, do NOT get a Serpa.

I'm in a similar boat. I have the Hk45 w/ Insight WX-150. I know RCS offers a holster for this setup, but not in the mount I want.

I would prefer a drop-leg for the Hk45. I know for a fact that it will fit in a Blade-Tech DOH for an Hk USP45T.

Thusly, I'm curious if I should put the cojones on the chopping block, and order a Blade-Tech for the USP45T w/M3.

My reasoning is that the WX-150 has the same body dimensions as the M3. The Hk45 will fit like a glove into the Blade-Tech DOH holster...see where I'm going with this?. I *think*this configuration *may* work, I'm just not sure I'm ready to drop $125 on a gamble...There's a lot of supposition floating around that's held me back from going for it.

For what it is worth, unless this is your only side-iron, I wouldn't order a holster until you've picked a light. Otherwise, you'll end up stuck with having to order another one.

Also, FWIW, I've gotten to the point where I'm choosing my light based on available holsters, rather than available features. A LD BLAST-2 seems like it would be Billy Badass, but without a holster, IMO, it's Willy Worthless. YMMV.

Anyway, folks, feel free to chime in on my roll-of-the-dice...

John_Wayne777
06-21-10, 17:01
Just out of curiosity, what is it you like about the Serpa? What features make it attractive?

I ask because the Serpa is an absolutely dismal holster that most switched on people will tell you to avoid like it's infectious. If you are looking for a retention system that is faster and easier to use than the 6004's rotating hood, Safariland's ALS fills that bill and also has the bonus of being able to effectively retain a weapon properly whether or not it has the light mounted on it. I don't know if Safariland makes an ALS for the HK45 offhand, but if they make a 6004 odds are they have an ALS available as well.

Since I'm asking questions, I'll also ask this one: Are you sure you need a thigh rig? Are you wearing armor or something that makes belt carry impossible?

SloaneRanger
06-21-10, 18:26
Thanks for the responses..

I do not really LIKE the SERPA..I merely don't particularly like the Safariland rotating hood. To me it just feels 'Slower'...
Yes..I want a thigh rig...Will be running a BAE Eclipse RBAV...
I am 6'4" and actually have 'room' to belt mount....I just prefer thigh mount and I am more used to it..

Safariland makes the 6004 for the HK45 W/O light (part # 6004-393-121) but it is the SLS rotating hood...NO ALS that I know of...

Incidentally here's some other part #'s for the HK45 Safariland Holsters w/ Lights...Again...ALL SLS AFAIK...

Safariland (6004-3930-121)
6004 Tactical Gear System SLS Holster
For H&K HK45 (Cocked and Locked) with Surefire X300 (4.53" bbl), STX Tactical, Right Handed

For H&K HK45 (Cocked and Locked) with TLR-1 (4.53" bbl), STX Tactical, Right Handed

For H&K HK45 (Cocked and Locked) with M3 (4.53" bbl), STX Tactical, Right Handed