PDA

View Full Version : Benelli Super Nova questions

rigger7
06-22-10, 17:58
I recently picked up a Benelli Super Nova with a pistol grip stock and I was wondering if there is any way of shortening the LOP.is there a gunsmith out there that will do this?I'm looking to get the LOP down to 13".
I'm also looking for a very simple but practical sling any suggestions?

arizona98tj
06-23-10, 21:25
Given the hollow synthetic stock, shortening it isn't the easiest thing to do....well, not as easy as shortening a wooden type. My guess is that it can be done by cutting off the appropriate amount, fitting a wooden or fiberglass plug into the end of it, and then attaching a conventional recoil pad to the plug.

As for the sling....are you looking for an over the shoulder traditional hunting sling or a tactical sling for cross body carry?

Here is the tactical sling solution (http://www.stu-offroad.com/firearms/tacsling/tacsling-1.htm) I used on my SN.

rigger7
06-24-10, 06:46
thanks for the reply I think for right now I'll be with a hunting style sling.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the stock,I like your suggestion but it might be out of my scope of skill.
Thought about cutting the stock down and just using a slipon.
Thats the one about Binelli I never understood almost nobody likes their stocks (LOP) and if I'm going to get my wife to shoot it also something is going to have to change.
Who set the standard of 14 3/8 LOP anyhow?I never met an Italian that had that long of a arm.

arizona98tj
06-24-10, 19:40
Pick up a couple of quick disconnect sling swivels (http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0022129226054a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=sling+sivel&sort=all&Go.y=0&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&Go.x=0), similar to those in the link. Make sure your sling width and the swivels match each other. Pick out the sling you want and go from there. You can get one that is just a simple web sling....or one with padding....or a leather sling....lots to pick from....mostly just personal preference as to which one you get.