PDA

View Full Version : Which BUIS will fit under an acog

basilhaydenO
05-31-07, 16:51
I have an acog ta31doc that I plan on mounting in a larue mount. My question is, which BUIS' will fit under the acog? I'm sure the troy and a.r.m.s. 40L will fit under it, but are there any others?

koalorka
05-31-07, 17:18
I have an acog ta31doc that I plan on mounting in a larue mount. My question is, which BUIS' will fit under the acog? I'm sure the troy and a.r.m.s. 40L will fit under it, but are there any others?

Matech.

Erick Gelhaus
05-31-07, 22:21
Yup, the Matech definately will. Did not have others availible to try.

sparrow
05-31-07, 23:26
I use a KAC 300m BUIS with NSN model...A-OK

Rana
06-24-07, 00:45
If you get the KAC, pay the extra $ for the 600M BUIS.

Not 100% if it fits that ACOG; but the little plastic insert in the KAC 300M BUIS is annoying when it "pops" out and you now have an almost useless BUIS.

I am not a huge KAC guy, but their flip up front and 600M rear BUIS's are actually pretty good. The 600M BUIS is not as slim profiled as the 300M BUIS but I would research if it will fit under the ACOG you have. Or you could permanently "glue" the plastic insert of the 300M BUIS in place (which some do-FWIW I think it is cheesy...)

KevinB
06-24-07, 04:28
For clearing an ACOG

Troy (my vote)
KAC's 600m will as well.
ARMS #40's (all versions)
MATECH

Pretty much everything

I have one of the 600m BIS that was drilled out to 300m aperature size - I prefer a large aperature for a BIS -- since if my optic goes down - I am more worried about engaging close targets -- I can run pretty fast from the far tgt's ;) However I do know a lot of people whom I respect that like the smaller hole from the 600m

I despise the ARMS and Matech BIS's but thats just me...

I keep waiting on the KAC BISII to be released

2IDdoc
06-27-07, 05:24
I have a YHM folding BUIS under an ACOG on my LMT. It works fine, but you have to leave the the larger aperture in the go position otherwise the sight sticks into the ACOG and prevents it from mounting.

bullitt5172
06-28-07, 07:36
Gotta go with KevinB on this, the Troy clears and is (IMO) the best BUIS system out today.

nocompromise223
07-05-07, 22:45
For clearing an ACOG

Troy (my vote)
KAC's 600m will as well.
ARMS #40's (all versions)
MATECH

Pretty much everything

I have one of the 600m BIS that was drilled out to 300m aperature size - I prefer a large aperature for a BIS -- since if my optic goes down - I am more worried about engaging close targets -- I can run pretty fast from the far tgt's ;) However I do know a lot of people whom I respect that like the smaller hole from the 600m

I despise the ARMS and Matech BIS's but thats just me...

I keep waiting on the KAC BISII to be released

I had the older ARMS 40, the regular one with the horizontal cut on the small aperature, and it did NOT fit under my acog. at least not with the standard Acog Mount

Robb Jensen
07-06-07, 04:15
The ARMS 40L fits under the ACOGs.