PDA

View Full Version : Sinner and Saints

Dozer
06-22-10, 21:35
Sinner and Saints (http://www.sinnersandsaintsthemovie.com/)

I haven't seen much press for this movie. From the previews it looks pretty good.

Cast includes Johnny Strong from Blackhawk Down, Kim Coates, Bas Rutten, Sean Patrick Flannery, and Tom Berenger.

I think it is definitely a must see.

cop1211
06-23-10, 00:09
+1:D,,,,

bkb0000
06-23-10, 00:15
wholly shit... hell of a lotta gunfire in that preview.

tampam4
06-23-10, 00:32
the moment I heard NIN, I knew it was going to be a good preview. Plus Bas Rutten is one of the coolest guys I know of. i will definitely go see this movie!

parishioner
06-23-10, 01:05
Plus Bas Rutten is one of the coolest guys I know of.

If you like Bas and you haven't seen this, you're missing out. It's downright hilarious. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3K-mrlYG7Y

I haven't even heard of this movie and apparently it was filmed 30 min from my house. Looks good from the trailer, I just hope it's realistic.

Moose-Knuckle
06-23-10, 06:07
Thanks for the heads up, good to see Tom Berenger again. Great cast, good story line.

jaxman7
06-23-10, 09:12
Pretty good looking weapons. Did I see an AK clone with a micro mounted on it? This movie isn't being released nationwide is it? I just got on flixster and don't see any info on it. I hope so b/c even though I'll pick the show all apart with what they're doing wrong its still cool to see an AK with a micro mounted to it on the big screen! :D

By the way I've always found it ironic concerning Hollywood and their antigun agenda that they make movies like this. They glorify and make billions off of what they are supposed to so vehemently be against.

tinman44
06-23-10, 09:30
I believe if criminals were dealt with this way in our country there would be far less of them for obvious reasons :D I also believe there would be people volunteering for LEO duty much like military branches. Well I guess more I mean that good LEO's wouldnt be run off for protecting and serving. I to often hear stories of officers using their firearm to protect themselves let alone the public and end up at the unemployment office. I hate to say it but history has shown me that violence can only be met with equal or more lethal violence. What do I know though. I know that movie looks like a good time to be had at the theatre.

Dozer
06-23-10, 09:43
It looks like Sonny Puzikas was a consultant on this film. It looks like the gun play may be a little more believable.

mr_smiles
06-23-10, 10:15
Just makes me miss my trp with the full rail, sold it to some one I figured I could trust, never payed the other 50% of well I'm the idiot.

:(

steve-oh
06-23-10, 17:40
I saw a grease gun. Awesome.

jaxman7
06-23-10, 18:46
Yeh! Krink w/an Aimpoint,1911 TRP, M3 grease gun, and a M4 w/an Eotech! Looking pretty good! I've watched this trailer 3 times today! Even with my reservations I REALLY want to watch this!

sadmin
06-23-10, 19:03
that does look cool. ever since the international, i have been eyeballing an sbr tp9; i think i saw a 21-c tavor and micro galil...neato.

jaxman7
06-23-10, 19:21
Yeh hopefully they gave cart blanche to him as much as possible. The guy is former Spetsnaz. And admittedly I didn't know that until a quick Google search!

It looks like Sonny Puzikas was a consultant on this film. It looks like the gun play may be a little more believable.

Abraxas
06-23-10, 21:48
Looks so very promising :D

Safetyhit
06-24-10, 21:43
What an epic film. I mean it is absolutely destined for greatness. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness Dozer, I believe this was exactly what the 200 GD post minimum was designed to prevent. However perhaps there should be further restrictions in place.

"His City, His Rules"...:eek:. Gangsters, spurting blood, corrupt cops and/or whatever with girls in mini-skirts to compliment. Now that tells a unique story to someone under 11, but what about the rest of us?

I know I could ignore this thread, but please don't start another movement to remove GD. Especially this soon.

Edit: Let me add that since you are a long time member I respect you as such. But unless there is some great underlying story here that I am unaware of (sure could happen since I am no movie buff), I just don't get the significance and suspect some others here don't either.

That is not a shot at you, just an honest opinion. Apologies if taken otherwise.

Moose-Knuckle
06-25-10, 08:06

In all seriousness Dozer, I believe this was exactly what the 200 GD post minimum was designed to prevent. However perhaps there should be further restrictions in place.

"His City, His Rules"...:eek:. Gangsters, spurting blood, corrupt cops and/or whatever with girls in mini-skirts to compliment. Now that tells a unique story to someone under 11, but what about the rest of us?

I know I could ignore this thread, but please don't start another movement to remove GD. Especially this soon.

Edit: Let me add that since you are a long time member I respect you as such. But unless there is some great underlying story here that I am unaware of (sure could happen since I am no movie buff), I just don't get the significance and suspect some others here don't either.

That is not a shot at you, just an honest opinion. Apologies if taken otherwise.

Not busting your chops but there are plenty of GD threads I choose to ignore for various reasons. I read the GD thread when I'm bored and have some down town which isn't to often so I don't see the harm in the GD forum. As a movie buff, I like a lot of small independant films such as this one so I for one am thankful that the OP posted this otherwise I wouldn't even know about it. :cool:

Dozer
06-25-10, 09:16

Safetyhit,
No offense taken.

I posted this because I am a movie buff and I thought it looked like a pretty good independent film. As unbelievable as the plot may be, it has good action, lots of different guns, and hot girls. I know it’s not going to win an academy award but it has those things that action buffs like. This movie probably doesn’t appeal to you and that’s cool man, move on.

I understand it doesn’t meet “your” criteria of what a GD post should be but according to the GD rules this is the place for it.

“Please note that the General Discussion Forum is intended for just that - General Discussion. If you want to talk about topics of interest in the news, political items, or what you did last Saturday night, the GD is the place for it.”

I suspect that if it was offensive to anyone, or did not meet the criteria set forth by the forum then it would have been removed by now. Since you are a site sponsor I understand you feel like you should have more control of what is allowed to be posted but that is not the case. Going as far as saying that this is another move to remove the GD is a bit much. It seems like you are trying to sensationalize the situation a little of just plain trying to pick a fight. Either way it doesn’t matter, I posted the info on the movie for those that do like these types of movies and that’s it.

Again, if it doesn’t meet your standards then feel free to stay out of it.

Be safe.

ETA: Nice use of the emoticons. I don't know that I would have been able to understand what your point was without the use of these. Thank you.:rolleyes:

sadmin
07-05-11, 19:13
saw this today.. good flick, definitely worth a watch.

dookie1481
07-05-11, 20:42
Predictable, crappy plot, but that wasn't why I watched it.

The gunplay was awesome.

C-grunt
07-06-11, 22:31
Is it out nation wide? Havent seen anything on it.