PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Northwest Event Calendar

bkb0000
06-23-10, 18:30
Gentlemen,

i think it would be advantageous to have an events calendar for the Great Northwest. lets everyone know what's available, where, and when, and whatever information the poster cares to include, such as dues, qualifications, POC (point of contact), etc.

It'll also help me/us in scheduling PNW events for dates when there isn't some other big event a lot of people attend going on.

So please post any regularly scheduled events you attend or just know about. please keep the info updated and as accurate as possible. i'll compile all posts into a nice, neat calendar of events here in this first post.

thanks

vecdran
06-23-10, 21:08
What: IDPA Practice Match
When: Every Tuesday, 6:30PM start. (Setup starts around 5:30, they sometimes get going early.)
Where: West Coast Armory Range/Bellevue Gun Club
Cost: $12 Entry Fee
Gear: Handgun, mag pouch, usual IDPA match stuff. (Ammo? :p) Oh, and night sights.

Depending on the size of the group, you usually get two runs through the stage. First COF is shot lit, the second, at least since I started going, is shot in low light with most of the lights off. I usually got through 30-50 rounds in a night.

Come out and have some fun. :D

GitmoSmoke
06-24-10, 07:42
What: Speed Steel (steel challenge style)
When: Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Sunday, August 8, 2010 - 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Where: Central Whidbey Sportsmans, Coupeville Wa
Cost: $10 Each class entered max of 2. CF open, CF limited, RF open RF limited.
Payout: $2 for each shooter in class for first, $1 for second
Gear: Pistol, 200 rnds non FMJ, ear protection, wrap around eye protection.
POC: IM me here or e-mail CWSA_projects@hotmail.com. Calender viewable at www.cwsaonline.org
I will usually stay after the shoots to practice so anyone making a long trip can stay and continue shooting until dark or the ammo runs out.

MookNW
06-24-10, 19:25
When:Fridays 7:00pm ( I was told by Range master that the early bird gets the worm, because they might start turning people away after attendance reaches 25 or so)
Where: West Coast Armory Range/Bellevue Gun Club
Cost: $12+tax
Gear: Rifle + sling+ 2 mags min., Handgun +holster+ 2 mags min., weaponlights are a plus. When I checked it out, they were running low-light drills for the second half. 25 yd. indoor training bay. Ammo can be purchased at pro shop. (If you wanna shoot anything besides .223/5.56, it would be wise to call ahead and check to see if they allow it in this event.) No steel core/steel case ammo.(425)641-2877 Call for info.

I checked this event out 2 weeks ago and didn't participate,but it looks good. And crowded.
They were Running a drill that involved a crouch-shoot, shoot from cover a few times, mag change, shoot from cover, transition to secondary and shoot from cover. When everyone gotta chance to do it, they hit the lights and did it again low-light w/ or w/o weaponlights. I shall be there this Friday 6/25 and will update info about ammo requirements and anything else I don't know yet.
-Ben

RBarker
06-24-10, 23:53
I was planning on checking out the Bellevue Range tomorrow also.
Vecdran are you on NASIOC also?

vecdran
06-25-10, 01:49

Yessir.

MookNW
06-25-10, 01:54
I'm gonna try to get there at 6:15- 6:30 to help set-up. Should be fun.
-Ben

bigscrun
07-05-10, 19:16
FNRL: Friday Night Rifle League is a blast, 40 rounds of rifle ammo and 12 rounds of pistol ammo is the minimum, obviously that does not count for missed shots, FTF or any problems. Most guys will show up with 100/20 in ammo.

bkb0000
07-05-10, 19:23
FNRL: Friday Night Rifle League is a blast, 40 rounds of rifle ammo and 12 rounds of pistol ammo is the minimum, obviously that does not count for missed shots, FTF or any problems. Most guys will show up with 100/20 in ammo.

where?

spamsammich
07-05-10, 20:02

Ryan, From TT?

Back on topic, I'm interested in checking some of the events out if I find employment soon. I'm running low on scratch and ammo :(

RBarker
07-05-10, 21:07
Ryan, From TT?

Yes, did I meet you at the FNRL in Bellevue?

GotAmmo
07-05-10, 21:21
hows the bellevue gun club on the weekends?? im down in tacoma but ive always wanted to check that place out

spamsammich
07-06-10, 00:12
Yes, did I meet you at the FNRL in Bellevue?

We go further back than that, buddy. This is supermarkus.

spamsammich
07-06-10, 00:13
hows the bellevue gun club on the weekends?? im down in tacoma but ive always wanted to check that place out

It can get pretty crowded in the silver/gold bays, I never really hang out in the bronze bay. I usually go around meal times to avoid the crowds.

RBarker
07-07-10, 00:10
We go further back than that, buddy. This is supermarkus.

Yeah, a little further that a few weeks huh :D

SCTSQRL
07-09-10, 05:56
Who: Eugene Practical Shooters
What: USPSA/IPSC, IDPA, and speed steel pistol.
When: 1st Saturday IPSC, 2nd Saturday speed steel (range benefit), 3rd Saturday IDPA. 4th Saturday range cleanup work party.
Where: Isaac Walton League of Eugene, on Issac Walton Road. From the Lorane Hwy, off Chambers, take a left at McBeth rd (at the Grange Hall) and follow McBeth to a left onto Issac Walton.
Why: Because it's excellent.
How: Gates open at 8:00, registration at 8:30. First time attendees must arrive between those times for an orientation and rules overview. Gates close at 9:15, and lock. Walk through begins concurrently, shooting starts between then and 9:30. Shooting at 9:00 for steel match.

How much: $10.00 for the steel match. $15.00 for IPSC, and for IDPA without an IDPA membership card. IDPA members shoot for $10.00.
BYO ear and eye - Rx eye is OK (that's how I roll,) but don't sue anyone if lack of side protection comes back to haunt you. Range is COLD until timer is at the ready.

We get a lot of great and knowledgeable folk, and while I haven't been attending as long as many there - I haven't seen any bad apples yet. Safest practical shooting environment I've been a part of so far, and fun to boot. That said, we could use more ladies.

Edit: We don't stop shooting for sun, rain, hail, snow, or hippies - so dress accordingly and bring water/coffee/whatever. Insider tip - the grange hall on the way in/out opens it's Saturday market near the time we wrap up (around 12:00-1:00,) lots of great seasonal produce and flowers, and stuff. Stop by for some good deals on the way to dinner. Beware of townie VW micro-bus types, but it's a great little market that not a lot of folks know about, unfortunately. The Grange is a great organization.

Fontaine
08-21-10, 21:33
USTRA, Formerly USTACRA is a carbine match which is similiar in feel to USPSA.

It is held every second saturday of the month, and rules, scores and schedules are found here:

http://www.custersportsmensclub.com/tactical3gun.html

It's a great match and frequented by many WA area LE professionals, as that range is frequently used for LEO training.

Videos of my friends and I running the CoF are pasted below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2yu6FMQRR0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkcG8cgWOeA

GitmoSmoke
11-08-10, 19:43
A benefit turkey shoot is being held at the Central Whidbey Sportsman’s club range Saturday 20 Nov from 0900-1300. Nothing tactical, but it will be a fun day for a good cause. All proceeds go to Whidbey Animal Improvement Foundation. Events for 22 pistol and rifle, center fire handgun, and shotgun. $1.50 to enter an event, $5.00 gets you 4 event tickets. Small bags, or cans of dog and cat food are being accepted for donation.
Come out and win a turkey for Thanksgiving
Since I am working and not shooting the run and gun will start as soon as the public clears out and I can burn off some stress.

GitmoSmoke
02-10-11, 11:43
2011 Speed Steel schedule. All start at 0900. Classes for iron and optical sights for both 22lr and cf pistol 9mm or larger. Bring 250 rounds, ear protection and wrap around eye protection. $10 entry fee per class. Pays out $2 per shooter entered for first and $1 for second. Full Schedule at www.cwsaonline.org
Sunday April 10
Sunday April 24
Saturday May 7
Sunday May 22
Sunday Jun 12
Saturday July 2
Sunday July 10
Sunday Aug 28
Sunday Sep 11