PDA

View Full Version : AR Pistol Reliability?

Shihan
06-01-07, 03:47
I have never owned one but figured this would be a good alternative than going the SBR route. What do you guys think in terms of reliability for the shorter ones like a 7incher?

Thanks

bograu223
06-05-07, 05:04
I've looked researched the pistol barrel length issue for a few months, being that I just put together a 10.3" barrelled pistol. From what I gather, the shorter you go with barrel length, the more likely you are to have reliability issues. Ofcourse there are alot of variables, however I think if you go with a high quality components, your less likely to have problems. The pistol I just put together runs like a top with whatever I've fed it so far (350rds in the last 3 days with NO problems) Used a CMMG upper, Mega lower, CMT LPK, ACE LTD Pistol buffer kit ( Carbine length buffer basically, I think this is a key component for a pistol.) Heavy duty extractor spring, buffer and crane o-ring. Also, CMMG makes a 7.5" upper, they've got my vote.

C4IGrant
06-06-07, 13:57
It is really luck of the draw whether or not they run well. I would generally say to pass on them.

C4

Rana
06-12-07, 14:40
Save your money.

If you want a short barrel stay at 10"+. I like the LMT 10.5" 's and my "work" one has always been good to me. I am sure the Noveske 10" upper models are every bit as good, I just don't have any experience with them as it isn't what's issued.

I would 100% agree with C4IGrant and say "PASS" on the 7" "clown" upper.;)

Gibbles
06-22-07, 00:20
I have a 7.5 that runs great.
If I did it over again I would get one with extended feed ramps.
Don't bother with dumb shit like ultra short buffer tubes and weird gas tubes.