PDA

View Full Version : Gfi global defense acog mount

motorolahamm
06-24-10, 13:13
Has anyone tried these mounts? And if so what was your feedback and thoughts.

C4IGrant
06-24-10, 13:14
Has anyone tried these mounts? And if so what was your feedback and thoughts.

Got a link or pics??

C4

JTrusty
06-24-10, 13:21
Its GDI ( not Gfi ) and here's a link Grant:
http://www.adsinc.com/gdi

motorolahamm
06-24-10, 13:23
http://www.adsinc.com/gdi.

Yeah sorry typing from mobile device

motorolahamm
06-24-10, 14:03
It wold be r-com e-model

JSantoro
06-24-10, 20:26
The GDI is the mount that the Corps selected to provide A4 (fixed-stock) RCO users with the ability to set the optic back further over the charging handle and closer to the eye. The particular thrust of this is so that the smaller-than-norm user has a snowball's chance in Hell of achieving his eye relief with a fixed-stock weapon and wearing armor. To date, the only option they had was keeping it all the way back on the reciever....and sucking it up.

Unacceptable; "suck it up" is a stupid solution that amounts to "well, grow a longer neck and arms...NOW!" to any who think that it's criminal to blast somebody for not being able to make hits when the parent organization can't give them what they need to satisfy the requirements of the device; in this case, a 1.5" eye relief. There's kids out there that MIGHT be able to get within 4" of the ocular lens, for no better reason than some SNCO rates an M4 on the TO and the unit CO can't/won't take a common-sense approach and get the smaller dudes weapons they can shoot because they can make them fit their physiology. M4 = status to those who want the trappings of power instead of the power itself.

That's some of the history. As for how worthwhile the thing is? It works pretty well in regard to holding zero, which is the primary objective. As well as LaRue? I don't think so, but certainly better than the virtually-nothing-out-there that represents what the industry is providing in regard to mounts that allow for an ACOG-type optic to be set BACK instead of forward. The GDI satisfies the <.5MOA zero-shift requirement admirably. It's solid, and a worthwhile buy.

It's solid partially it's built bulky as f**k-all. That's my only real gripe about it, and I realize that that's in comparison to the...nuts, LaRue LT681, if I recall correctly?...which has a norrower back end and a more positive lock on a lower-profile throw-arm. Honestly can't even really call it a gripe, since there's other, more bulky items that get attached to a fighting gun than the optics mount.

No idea as to CS on the manufacturer. Never heard of them before a year ago or so, and there's no institutional history to go off of for an indicator. Only time will tell.

motorolahamm
06-25-10, 18:16
WoW hey thanks for the reply guess that is that nice write up and very helpful info....