PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell Elite 3200 10x Mil Dot opinions?

M&P45
06-24-10, 15:17
I am looking for a decent entry level Mil-Dot reticule scope. The purpose of this purchase is really just to get familiar with ranging and use of a Mil-dot scope. I will not likely be using the scope or rifle past 500 yards. I am recreational shooter and have no plans of going into harms way with this scope. I may eventually upgrade to a nicer piece of glass if my needs demand.

I have read arguments about 1/10 mil vs MOA adjustments. Not being familiar with the practical application of ranging and adjusting for distance with either one, the 1/10 mil option seems to make the most sense to me. If you have any input regarding this please chime in.

The scope I am considering is listed here: Bushnell 321040T (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=950843)
My only reservation is the lack of any parallax adjustment. How critical will this be in actual use? The scope lacks any type of zero stop but does have re-settable turrets. Since this is going to be for recreational use I have no issue with the lack of zero stop. I contacted Bushnell and SWFA and both tell me the reticule is etched glass not wire as stated on Midway's listing. I think that is a big plus at this price.

I'm not looking for higher power or illuminated reticules at this point as I don't foresee needing either. Am I missing any other decent options at this price point? All useful opinions appreciated.

Thanks!

halo2304
06-24-10, 20:13
I too have been looking at the Bushnell 10x scopes for the same reason, to learn to use mil-dots.

M&P45
06-26-10, 08:53
Well... I guess I'll just order it and see how it goes. I'll post my review in a few weeks.

P2000
06-27-10, 13:03
I bought one a couple years ago. I paid 199 for it. It is a good scope for the price. It held zero on my 270 just fine, then I put it in a one piece mount for the AR to test different brands of ammo for accuracy at 100 yards. The optics aren't that bad, and it holds zero. That is all I wanted.

99HMC4
06-27-10, 16:22
I used one on my 50 BMG while I waited for my IOR to get in. Not abd scope for sure and it held up to the 50 without breaking. Barrett also uses them on their entry level M99 package. Mil dots worked, the glass was good for a $200.00 scope and it tracked fine......

M&P45
06-27-10, 18:16
Thanks for the input. I ordered the scope with the 1/10 mill adjustment. Should be here if a few days.

dogloose
06-27-10, 19:51
A bit late... but here's some more feedback. I have the Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15X on a Savage 10FP... I comfortably shoot out to 600 yards at my local range... furthest distance they have. Mounted it... and sighted in at 200 yards... 600 rounds of .308 later... its still zeroed at 200 yards... very solid... and this is the adjustable version. Your fixed sight scope should easily perform with the same reliability.

The scope you ordered was reviewed on Sniper Central back in 2003. Interesting that the price back then was the same as it is today. Here's the link to the review:

http://www.snipercentral.com/bushtact.htm

Good luck and let us know what you think.

NotObvious
05-29-11, 21:26
Clear, holds zero and plenty of adjustment capability.

Its a very solid scope and well worth the price.

But, its only a 1" tube, if that matters.

No adjustable objective or illuminated reticle. But, the turret caps have a very solid feel and works perfectly with both .223/5.56 and 308/7.62 ballistics. Had one on a Savage 10FP and sold it with the rifle.

My only suggestion is to have the rings lapped before installing the scope. I had Warne rings for mine and they went with the scope/rifle.

Good luck!!!