TacDoc
07-23-06, 14:26
Beside Troy and Samson, who else manufactures 10" railed handguards? :confused:

KevinB
07-23-06, 14:33
KAC's too long middy

TacDoc
07-23-06, 14:53
Yep, you're right. I'm asking because I want to combine the new VLTOR MUR with a 10" railed handguard. Troy was my first choice but seems that the aligment tabs will not fit the new dimensionns of the MUR. KAC's a way overpriced compared to Troy/Samson! Any other else?

Stickman
07-23-06, 14:59
There should be a nice new option coming up very shortly, and I believe it will be soley through one of the sponsors. I'll let them tell you about, but its a nice one.

TacDoc
07-23-06, 15:26
There should be a nice new option coming up very shortly, and I believe it will be soley through one of the sponsors. I'll let them tell you about, but its a nice one.

Hope you mean a 10" DD Lite Rail :D

BravoCompanyUSA
07-23-06, 15:57
Hope you mean a 10" DD Lite Rail :D

Yes :D

Thanks Stick !

We are offering an exclusive on Daniel Defense 10" rails. They will be available in both the original M4Rail and Lite Rail configuration.
They will only cost approx $10 more than the comparative DD 9" rail.

More Info here at our website . . . . . (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Free-Floating-Tactical-Handguards-s/54.htm)

They will probably be in late next month. I will post pics asap after we get them.
Thanks!
Paul

TacDoc
07-23-06, 17:02
Yes :D

Thanks Stick !

We are offering an exclusive on Daniel Defense 10" rails. They will be available in both the original M4Rail and Lite Rail configuration.
They will only cost approx $10 more than the comparative DD 9" rail.

More Info here at our website . . . . . (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Free-Floating-Tactical-Handguards-s/54.htm)

They will probably be in late next month. I will post pics asap after we get them.
Thanks!
Paul

Now I'm set: MUR, Noveske 10.5", DD 10" Lite... worth the waiting!

You really know how to make a man happy! :D

Midwest Industries
07-25-06, 05:41
I have heard rumors . 3 WEEKS out :D
TROY
MI

SinnFéinM1911
07-25-06, 07:59
I prefer the Troy over anyone right now. But I'm kinda parital. However, I can not wait to try out the MUR and Diff. Rails. Has anyone confirmed whether or not the Troy MRF will not fit on a MUR becuase if the allignment tabs ?

B

TacDoc
07-25-06, 17:11
I prefer the Troy over anyone right now. But I'm kinda parital. However, I can not wait to try out the MUR and Diff. Rails. Has anyone confirmed whether or not the Troy MRF will not fit on a MUR becuase if the allignment tabs ?

B

SinnFéinM1911,

I like the idea of saving $100+ for the Troy over the DD too. If you look closely at a regular upper receiver at the place where the aligment tabs fit, there are a left and right concavities where the tabs fit. The VLTOR MUR does not have this concavities. The length from left to right of a normal upper receiver is 7/8" and the length between the Troy tabs is 15/16" letting 1/32" of play between the receiver and the handguard. I believe if you want to fit a Troy MRF on the MUR you'll have to file the tabs and I'm not inclined to do so. I already placed an order for one MUR. As soon as I receive it I'll let you know if the Troy MRF fit in it.

CapnCrunch
07-25-06, 21:45
Just wanted to update you guys... As soon as the 10" Lite Rails hit the market I'll be building another BCM 11.5" with it and all the same accessories. Well, it may have the Short Dot in a lighter mounting solution and another (the ultimate) aiming accessory up front if I can get a TD VFG that'll work with the pressure pad. KevinB knows of what I speak ;)

I'm gonna give the new camera a workout ;)

KevinB
07-25-06, 22:33
VERY cool -- I can't wait for the pics

TacDoc
08-04-06, 14:15

B

Received my MUR today...SWEEEET!!! Now I want to replace all my previous uppers with MUR's :mad:

I'm also inclined to Troy rails but sadly it won't fit the MUR because of the aligment tabs. I'm considering one of the following modifications in the Troy to fit it with the MUR unless someone here convince me its nuts to do so:

1. File each aligment tabs 1/16" in the inner part. Refinish with blueing solution.

2. Or, just cut the aligment tabs at all and install it mith the MUR. Obviously refinish it with blueing solution. I have a buddy who owns a S&W new AR and the Troy rails just fit rock solid so I'm wondering the aligment tabs are just for ALIGMENT at all, they dont have anything to do with the attachment of the rail.

I'm waiting for a Noveske 10.5" so I have a couple of days (or weeks :( ) to think about it.

I was considering also the DD Lite but it cost $127 more and it needs a special $35 tool to install it ONCE and then keep the tool in my parts box for eternity...

Any comments before I mutilate a brand new MRF-MX.

BravoCompanyUSA
08-04-06, 14:18
DD 10" (both M4 and AR-LITE) should be in stock late next week.
:D

TacDoc
08-04-06, 14:22
DD 10" (both M4 and AR-LITE) should be in stock late next week.
:D

What about including the tool in the price? :D

SinnFéinM1911
08-04-06, 16:21
Dude,

They are both great stuff, even though I used to work for Troy. BUT if it came to $100 dif for me and a matter for 15 mins of filing and a little bit of aluminium black... Its good to go !

Either way its a hell of a set up. You cant go wrong with Troy or DD !!! BY FAR the Top two on the market and easiest to install !

Brett

BravoCompanyUSA
08-04-06, 19:22
Dude,

They are both great stuff, even though I used to work for Troy. BUT if it came to $100 dif for me and a matter for 15 mins of filing and a little bit of aluminium black... Its good to go !

Either way its a hell of a set up. You cant go wrong with Troy or DD !!! BY FAR the Top two on the market and easiest to install !

Brett

Troy Ind stuff is always in stock . . .:D

BravoCompanyUSA
08-04-06, 19:23
What about including the tool in the price? :D

I just got tools in this week. Gotta get them on the website.
Sorry, but that will be a separate item.
Thanks!

As soon as I get the 10" DD in the shop I will post some pics.

CapnCrunch
08-04-06, 21:51
So you have tools now? Hrm...