PDA

View Full Version : Primary Weapons Systems Quickcomp 5.56/.223 Tactical Flash Suppressor

tmzphoto
06-26-10, 07:27
This is the one that also acts as a mount for the Gemtech G5. Does anyone know where I can still get one or two of these? PWS doesn't make them any more, and I've hunted all over the web with no luck.

http://www.nokick.com/v/vspfiles/photos/PWS%20AR-QCFSC556-3.jpg

By the way, the website for Desert Tactical in Las Vegas said they had nine in stock and I placed an order. The website changed to eight in stock. The order said "processing" for a couple of days, until I sent an email to find out when is was going to ship. They never responded to my email, the order has vanished from my history, and now the website says they have zero in stock.

markush
06-26-10, 10:19
Sorry can't help with your PWS search but have to warn you about Desert Tactical. Time spent researching this POS will tell you this is their SOP. My personal experience with them confirms everything bad you'll read about them. They have been know to charge your card weeks later! I'd make it very clear to them that you need the order canceled! They do not respond to phone calls but leave a message if their voicemail happens to be working (doubtful) and send them emails until you get some confirmation from them. My experience was a couple years ago it's sad that they are still doing what they do.

Caeser25
06-26-10, 11:14
This is the one that also acts as a mount for the Gemtech G5. Does anyone know where I can still get one or two of these? PWS doesn't make them any more, and I've hunted all over the web with no luck.

http://www.nokick.com/v/vspfiles/photos/PWS%20AR-QCFSC556-3.jpg

By the way, the website for Desert Tactical in Las Vegas said they had nine in stock and I placed an order. The website changed to eight in stock. The order said "processing" for a couple of days, until I sent an email to find out when is was going to ship. They never responded to my email, the order has vanished from my history, and now the website says they have zero in stock.

I placed an order with them for the old style of DD's gas block and the same thing happened to me.

tmzphoto
06-26-10, 12:57
Looks like I'm all set. A helpful private message pointed me toward Black Weapons Armory in Tucson, where one had been spotted in the retail store. I called and they had three left in the store. They gave me such a great price that I bought all three.

Shaniac
12-02-10, 15:40
Looks like I'm all set. A helpful private message pointed me toward Black Weapons Armory in Tucson, where one had been spotted in the retail store. I called and they had three left in the store. They gave me such a great price that I bought all three.

I'm trying to find one of these as well...you wouldn't be interested in selling me one of yours? :)

Does anyone else know where I can get one?

Thanks...

tmzphoto
12-02-10, 17:57
I'm afraid that I can't. Two have been used to retrofit existing rifles, and the last one is earmarked for the SBR I'm building. I wish I could find more myself!

Shaniac
12-02-10, 20:39
I'm afraid that I can't. Two have been used to retrofit existing rifles, and the last one is earmarked for the SBR I'm building. I wish I could find more myself!

Oh well...crud...LOL!

Shaniac
12-02-10, 22:29
I think I may have found some but I will have to call tomorrow to verify they have them in stock. If they have more than one I will bring it to your attention.

Shaniac
12-03-10, 14:49

Well I finally got them on the phone to verify that they were in stock like the website said and they were all out....:mad:
He did suggest that I contact PWS and hound them into making these again. He said he would do the same (yeah right...LOL).

I do have a question though; do the G5 cans fit on these snuggly? The reason I ask is that PWS does not make them any more and I wonder if there was a compatibility issue that caused them to stop production....

Shaniac
01-13-11, 22:09
Well I had absolutely no luck in finding the PWS flash suppressor online...seems everyone was out of stock and after a few calls to PWS, they are not going to manufacture any more at this time. So I settled for the Gemtech/SEI Vortex flash hider and I finally received it the other day...
Now I have to play the waiting game for the can...

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i157/Michaelangelo1972/AR-15/Gemtechcopy.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i157/Michaelangelo1972/AR-15/SEI_Gemtech_Vortex_unaltered.jpg