PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Buffer?

bobafett
06-26-10, 10:34
I bought a used H3 buffer. It rattles pretty loudly compared to the Carbine buffer it's replacing. Is that normal? Can the "cushions?" be replaced? Do they need to be replaced?

I had planned to try this buffer and if it were too heavy, I would use it and the Carbine buffer and swap the weights to make an H and H2 buffers to experiment with.

If I take them apart should the weights have a certain type of material between them to cushion them?

BillBond
06-26-10, 12:04
That is normal and is it really that loud when a big bang is going on out in front of the gun ?

:cool:

bobafett
06-26-10, 12:28
That is normal and is it really that loud when a big bang is going on out in front of the gun ?

:cool:

I haven't fired it yet, just curious if it was supposed to be that noisy / rattly . :)

I'll get to the range next week sometime and see if my rifle is reliable with the H3.

Linus
06-26-10, 18:55
its normal

DaBears_85
06-27-10, 03:30
I bought a used H3 buffer. It rattles pretty loudly compared to the Carbine buffer it's replacing. Is that normal? Can the "cushions?" be replaced? Do they need to be replaced?

I had planned to try this buffer and if it were too heavy, I would use it and the Carbine buffer and swap the weights to make an H and H2 buffers to experiment with.

If I take them apart should the weights have a certain type of material between them to cushion them?

If it bothers you that much you could try something like this:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=154800

Not sure if it works or not so I wouldn't hold my breath. You're gonna have to get used to the "twang" sound with dealing with AR's. :)

markm
06-27-10, 12:24
It'll quiet down some after some rounds are run on it.

organdonor
06-27-10, 14:06
http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_97&products_id=201

markm
06-27-10, 15:50
Thanks for the link.

I keep seeing that Spikes thing pop up. I'm kind of skeptical, but it would be cool to add that to the Buffer comparison on the BCM middy.

bobafett
06-27-10, 16:28
Man, that's only a couple bucks more than I paid for the H3 Used.

Oh well, all's good. Thanks for the input guys, I won't let the rattle bother me, was just unfamiliar with it (used to the carbine buffer).

Jeff