PDA

View Full Version : CVT?

Mojo58
06-02-07, 00:02
While reading this month's issue of SWAT, I read the sentence "...three shots in rapid succession into the cardio-vascular triangle (CVT)-- to create such extreme trauma..." in the "Feed The Puppy" article by Tim McCord. What encompasses the CVT?

Also, I remember learning about the triangle that is formed by the eyes and the nose. What is this area referred to when talking about one shot stops? I thought there was an area behind the ear lobe that was the "switch". Is there also a term for this?

David Blinder
06-02-07, 05:30
It's roughly "nipples to notch." In other words, if you drew a triangle using nipples and the notch at the base of the throat, that would be the CVT which encompasses most of the high priority organs in the chest.

Hawkeye
06-02-07, 06:52
Ditto to what Mr. Blinder said.

As for the "switch" behind the ear lobe, that is basically the area of the medulla oblongata. That is the very upper part of the spinal cord where it connects to the brain and is considered part of the 4th ventrical of the brain. A rifle shot to that area basically severes the spinal cord from the brain, and is an instantaneous shutdown of the person. Think wet dishrag.

David Blinder
06-02-07, 13:59
Forgot to mention, I prefer using the armpit as the lower border since the nipple line could be a gut shot on some folks:p

Jay Cunningham
06-02-07, 14:17
Also, I remember learning about the triangle that is formed by the eyes and the nose. What is this area referred to when talking about one shot stops?

I have heard this referred to as the occular window and also as a "cranial vault" shot.

YMMV.

John_Wayne777
06-02-07, 16:11
Forgot to mention, I prefer using the armpit as the lower border since the nipple line could be a gut shot on some folks:p

Well THERE'S a mental picture that'll make you toss your enchiladas.....