PDA

View Full Version : Tripp?

55Kingpin
07-23-06, 20:10
Well, per the Tripp Research site, Virgil is no longer doing any custom pistolsmithing.

I need some work done to my SA Loaded and I was gonna get Tripp to do it. I guess I put it off for too long.

Anyway, give me some ideas for who to go with that can get minor work done in a relatively short time.

Some of the work I need:
King's Ambi-safety install (I'm a lefty with a pistol and the SA unit walks out)
Guncrafter's MSH
Wilson BP extractor
Fit and install new mag catch
Stake plunger tube
Stake grip bushings
Bevel magwell
Brown slide stop
Slight carry bevel
Frontstrap treatment (maybe) I'm leaning towards a "golfball" pattern

I'm not looking for a safequeen, this is a fighting 1911.

Thanks in advance fellas.

Chase

P.S. Anybody with a SA Loaded feel free to express your opinion about what else "should" be done to this pistol.

SethB
07-23-06, 20:15
I'd consider selling the SA and getting a full custom built. If you double the price of the modifications and subtract the money from the sale of the SA you should spend the same, but get a much better pistol.

55Kingpin
07-23-06, 20:50
I'd consider selling the SA and getting a full custom built. If you double the price of the modifications and subtract the money from the sale of the SA you should spend the same, but get a much better pistol.

Get out of my head!!

I've seriously considered selling it and getting a Berryhill or YoBo, but I really dislike the idea of getting rid of one of my babies. I have NEVER sold a firearm.

ETA: I'm really just not prepared to wait for a full custom, but if I'm gonna have to wait just as long for the work I listed.....well, anybody want a SA Loaded?

MaceWindu
07-23-06, 22:01
YoBo

I have a 1* Enhanced, with a few features I requested...:D

You CANNOT go wrong with a YoBo...

Mace

SethB
07-23-06, 22:10
I love corrupting people!

You really can't go wrong with Ted or the guys.

dubb-1
07-23-06, 22:47
Send it to Don Williams if you don't want to wait for a full house.;)

VA_Dinger
07-23-06, 23:31
Both Steve Morrison of Mars Armament and Dave Berryhill of Berryhill Custom Gunsmithing are active and participating members of this forum. I’m sure either of them could help you out with your project.

Mars Armament: www.marsguns.com

Berryhill Custom Gunsmithing: www.berryhillguns.com

Dave Berryhill
07-24-06, 09:54
All the pistolsmiths mentioned do great work but most custom 'smiths have waiting lists. I don't know about Steve but mine is about 2 years long. You'll have to check around to see if anyone can take care of you relatively soon. You might consider keeping what you've got in the mean time and getting on someone's list. While you're waiting you can search for a nice clean Colt or Springfield Armory 1911 to use as a base gun for your custom build.

55Kingpin
07-24-06, 13:13
Dinger,

The MARS "Spartan" has piqued my interest. Thanks for the info.

Mr. Berryhill,

Thank you for taking some time to post, I have been eyeing your MEU(SOC) replicas and I may end up on your list.