PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Skeeter Mags - Trouble?

Bubba FAL
06-28-10, 21:24
Purchased a spare mag for my SIG Mosquito awhile back. I was surprised to see that it was plastic, as the stock mag is steel. Oh well, lots of good polymer mags out there right?

Finally got to try it out a couple weeks ago and found it would not feed with more than 6rds loaded into it. Jammed when chambering the first round from a full load, then 3 more misfeeds before feeding the remaining rounds properly.

I tried downloading and finally got it to feed properly with 6 or fewer rounds. I was using SIG's recommended ammo (CCI Mini-Mags) with the appropriate recoil spring for the load. Function with the steel mag was 100%.

Given the fact that this was a SIG branded mag and the $24 price tag, I kind of expected better. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Bubba FAL
07-05-10, 01:23
...either
1)no one else owns a Mosquito or;
2)no one else has purchased the plastic SIG mag for their Mosquito.

Guess I'm the only sucker that has paid $25 for a mag that only functions at half capacity.

Business_Casual
07-05-10, 07:13
There is another possibility, and that is we would have called SIG directly and asked them about the defective product.

B_C

Quiet-Matt
07-05-10, 07:41
My Father-in-law has one of the plastic mags for his Mosquito, and has had no problems out of it. He called Sig customer service when he was looking for an extra mag and they just sent it to him at no charge. ;)