PDA

View Full Version : Kydex Holster ???

Dave L.
06-03-07, 19:50
I need a kydex belt holster for a G19 ASAP- already checked w/ Bladetech and Side Armor(1st choice), they are running 3 weeks behind on orders right now.
Anyone know a company who makes kydex holsters of equal or better quality?
Thanks,
Dave

KiloSierra
06-03-07, 20:08
http://www.comp-tac.com

Out of the three or four time I've ordered direct from them, I think the longest it's taken is four days for what I've ordered to arrive. I've ordered on Monday and had something by Wednesday.

Voodoochild
06-03-07, 20:14
Big +1 for Comp-Tac their holsters are GTG and their CS is also GTG. Fast shipping and great company. I am using their Infidel holster for my 19.

Dave L.
06-03-07, 20:18
Do you know if these things will hold up to Mil. use/abuse?

Hawkeye
06-03-07, 20:28
Comp Tac or G-Code.
G-Code stuff is usually in stock and I have been very happy with my stuff from them.

Dave L.
06-03-07, 20:31
It's gotta be able to get a little sandy now an then. Price isn't an issue, quality is all that matters.
Thanks, for the info so far- I forgot about G-Code, I'll call them tomorrow.
Keep votes coming.

Hawkeye
06-03-07, 20:45
Best place for G Code is www.gunnersalley.com .

Dave L.
06-03-07, 21:20
Anyone know about the G-Code Extreme series- I noticed they come in "foliage green" but they don't sell single mag carriers in that color.

tiger seven
06-03-07, 21:35
Best place for G Code is www.gunnersalley.com .

I agree. I got my G-Code from them in 4 days.

I have no experience with the GXS Xtreme holsters, but I was considering one for my next purchase. I too would appreciate any user feedback.

Derek

Dave L.
06-03-07, 22:03
One thing I am unclear about is will the G-Code holsters in the "belt slide" config. work on a 1.75" belt(riggers/rescue belt)?

Hawkeye
06-03-07, 22:05
Anyone know about the G-Code Extreme series- I noticed they come in "foliage green" but they don't sell single mag carriers in that color.

Eagle is the distributor for G-code. They have a number of different singles in foilage listed. Gunners Alley should be able to get them. They might not have them listed on their website yet.

http://www.eagleindustries.com/prd_detail.asp?ProdID=586&CatID=57&SubCatID=90

Hawkeye
06-03-07, 22:13
One thing I am unclear about is will the G-Code holsters in the "belt slide" config. work on a 1.75" belt(riggers/rescue belt)?

Yes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Hawkeye1/Training/Steve%20Moses%20Carbine/Johnmoses2.jpg

Dave L.
06-03-07, 22:28
Hawkeye,
What model holster is that? I can't find a G-Code with that type of belt attachment.

David Thomas
06-03-07, 22:33
Comp-tac. I have never had to wait more than 3 days after my order to have the holster in my hand.

Dave L.
06-03-07, 22:46
Comp-tac. I have never had to wait more than 3 days after my order to have the holster in my hand.

Being a bass-ackwords South Paw...I usually run into a longer wait.

disconnector
06-03-07, 23:04
I wore my G-Code belt slide on my 1.75" Wilderness Instructors belt all weekend for a pistol/carbine class and it was wonderful.

Great support, nice retention, and amazing comfort. Definitely worth the money spent.

http://lh4.google.com/image/disconnector/RmOMQHKQqAI/AAAAAAAAAFE/4sOjNGiJEKs/IMG_1010.JPG?imgmax=800

Hawkeye
06-03-07, 23:15
Hawkeye,
What model holster is that? I can't find a G-Code with that type of belt attachment.

Just the standard G-code holster with the 15 deg cant belt attachment.

KevinB
06-04-07, 04:40
Keep in mind Blade-tech will move your order to the front - if its to an APO...
They wont guarantee it -- but I have experienced this in three different orders - that they quote you X weeks -- and when they see the address, they bump someone and you get it in hand in about 6-8 days (which for an APO is pretty damn good)

-Wes-
06-04-07, 11:26
I have no complaints with the Blackhawk CQC Serpa holsters.

Fits up to a 2" belt, comes with belt attachment and paddle, adjustable for cant. One of the few things Blackhawk that I like, and recommend to others.

KevinB
06-04-07, 12:26
I had a Serpa/CQC for my G19 in Afghan - I CANNOT in good conscience recommend it to anyone.
A great number of entities that have tried them have removed them from duty - due to the muscle action required to open it leads to ND's -- and the fact they jam with dirt.

The fact that the US military sell them in the PX is revolting (IMHO) however I don't think they are any worse than the local haji POS's that people wear too.

Dave L.
06-04-07, 12:28
I have no complaints with the Blackhawk CQC Serpa holsters.

Fits up to a 2" belt, comes with belt attachment and paddle, adjustable for cant. One of the few things Blackhawk that I like, and recommend to others.

I talked to some close friends overseas about the BH holsters- Sand/Dust gets inside the "release mechanism" and can lock your pistol in place. The last thing I want to worry about is "will I be able to get my gun out of the holster". If I was buying it for basic CCW CONUS stuff I wouldn't be as worried.
Thanks, I always appreciate the feedback.

Dave L.
06-04-07, 12:32
I had a Serpa/CQC for my G19 in Afghan - I CANNOT in good conscience recommend it to anyone.
A great number of entities that have tried them have removed them from duty - due to the muscle action required to open it leads to ND's -- and the fact they jam with dirt.

The fact that the US military sell them in the PX is revolting (IMHO) however I don't think they are any worse than the local haji POS's that people wear too.

All I got to say is "Yup".
(Kevin, I missed your post prior to typing my previous post)
I will forever be weary of anything BH sells.

Dave L.
06-04-07, 15:14
Alright, I ended up going with G-Code
Called Eagle, they had The Operational Series Belt Slide Holster in stock. I ordered the GH Series Belt Slide for it also (same type of thing as the Blade Tech Stingray and the Side Armor holsters)
The Reason I went with the ORS is because the Kydex is .125" thick and it is one piece of Kydex folded over rather than the standard holsters which are 2 pieces riveted together made from .093" material.

Eagle has GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!
I'll post pics and give a QC report by Thursday.

John_Wayne777
06-04-07, 19:40

Interesting.

That's the first bad press I have heard about the Serpa/CQC holsters.

Noted for future reference.

Hawkeye
06-04-07, 20:00
Interesting.

That's the first bad press I have heard about the Serpa/CQC holsters.

Noted for future reference.

I've heard and seen a few similar results myself. I had one for about 2 weeks not long after they came out. I was trying it out at the range, running a dry Glock in it to get the feel for it before running some live fire drills. After just a few draws, what I had started to be concerned would happen did. When drawing, my index finger was not able to move in the opposite direction and went right in the trigger guard and on the trigger just about completely pulling it. I decided it wasnt for me.
Had at least 3 different handguns get stuck in them at the gun store I used to work at, and that was with clean weapons and new out of the package holsters. They were a royal PITA to get out. Getting dirt in the serpa lock would be a nightmare I imagine.

Dave L.
06-04-07, 22:09
Well if there wasn't impulse buyers, guys like me would have no feedback to research.
-That's one of the great tools of this site- at least one dude owns whatever you are interested in.

-Wes-
06-07-07, 01:29
I'm not too worried about the latch getting stuck, first time I've heard of people having ND's though. I'll keep that in mind.

Rana
06-24-07, 11:02

I ECHO these sentiments. I don't think much of Blackhawk products in general.

I have the Serpa Holsters for a Sig and a Glock. One was issued and the other a freebee. I usually only use them for Range Officer Duties. I should just give them to someone I don't like very much:D

I actually like Desantis Kydex, and feel that it is a huge "sleeper" in the Kydex World.

Comp-Tac are very good IMO as well.

With that said I have all 3 of the above holsters and find favoritism with the medium range priced Desantis Kydex Holster.

S-1
06-24-07, 16:39
If you're looking for a kydex belt holster with a retention device, the Safariland ALS model # 6377 (6378 for the paddle) is hard to beat. I have one for my P226R and I like it a lot. The ALS retention system is very fast and secure.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/policestuff_1954_23336656

Linea_de_Fuego
06-29-07, 09:10
I need a kydex belt holster for a G19 ASAP- already checked w/ Bladetech and Side Armor(1st choice), they are running 3 weeks behind on orders right now.
I ordered a holster directly from them and waited 7 weeks without any response to email or phone message. I finally canceled the order with the cc company. I fortunately found one at Dillon. They do make a great product. The adjustability for cant and retention is why I was so sold on Sidearmor.