PDA

View Full Version : Industry Disclosure

ikickhippies
06-29-10, 18:48
I got an account warning regarding not disclosing myself as an Industry Professional/Dealer/Manufacturer. I promptly apologized as I honestly overlooked this requirement.

I IM'd the mod that gave me the warning and asked how I could rectify the situation. It's been a couple of days and still no response.

Can anyone help me with whom to IM regarding my status? Still kinda new here and unsure which mod to notify.

C45P312
06-29-10, 19:06
For starters, I see other industry people put their name, company, and contact info in their signatures. I'm sure others will chime in with specifics. Also, won't be bad to start an intro thread and tell us a little about the company especially if there's people here using what you produce.

NCPatrolAR
06-29-10, 19:14
Just mention your status within the company (and the company name) you work for in your signature block.

rob_s
06-29-10, 19:15
I'm no mod, but it strikes me that you already comply

5) Industry Disclosure – If you are an industry manufacturer/dealer or employed by one you must disclose this relationship through your screen name or signature line. Anonymous industry trolling will not be allowed.

Odd that someone would have to know your company name to know who you are but then spank you for using your company name as your screen name to identify who you are...

shit, my head hurts.

Irish
06-29-10, 19:15
I'd recommend PM'ing STAFF, look under Member tab in orange on top of page. Also, as C45P312 mentioned I would click on USER CP and change your signature line to reflect your company's name, your position and possibly contact info.

ikickhippies
06-29-10, 19:51
Thanks for the quick replies. I'll update my profile post haste. Was unsure about the whole sig line thing as obviously I'm not a paying vendor on here and didn't want to get a bad rap as trying to get free advertising.

TOrrock
06-29-10, 19:53
Thanks for the quick replies. I'll update my profile post haste. Was unsure about the whole sig line thing as obviously I'm not a paying vendor on here and didn't want to get a bad rap as trying to get free advertising.

No worries, we just want people to know who's in the industry when they are participating in a thread.

ikickhippies
06-29-10, 19:56
No worries, we just want people to know who's in the industry when they are participating in a thread.

Message received.

Is this better?

TOrrock
06-29-10, 20:03
Name of company, and position in company is what we ask.

ikickhippies
06-29-10, 20:44
So Tim and I worked through it and the Sig Line should not be in line with the proper rules.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out on this.

ikickhippies
06-29-10, 23:03
Checking the sigline again. For some reason the CP automatically parsed my URL.

ikickhippies
06-29-10, 23:04
Damnit. It did it again even after I removed the [url] tags. I guess for now I will remove the www.- maybe that will fix it.

ikickhippies
06-29-10, 23:05
And one last test.

ETA:Awesome. Now we're cooking.

TehLlama
06-30-10, 20:59
Very nice!