PDA

View Full Version : M&P .45 w/Arredondo base pads

tr1kstanc3
07-01-10, 08:34
Any user feedback on using the Arredondo base pads with the .45 10rd S&W magazines? I am looking at purchasing a couple to try out and would like to know if anyone has good experience using them. I have them for my 9mm M&P/glocks and they work great.

sevin8nin
07-01-10, 13:10
I could not get it to work on my 45. The packaging comes with one simple instruction: file a bump off the inside of the magazine.

It appears that the 45 mags have a bump/nipple on the front inside near the bottom. This impedes the travel of the follower down lower than it goes in stock configuration. However even after filing the bump down to what myself and several others perceived as smooth, the follower would hang in that bump when fully loaded and fail to feed the second round. It was to the point where I wouldn't trust my life to it, so I'm sticking to the factory 10 and 14 rounders.

tr1kstanc3
07-01-10, 18:52
I could not get it to work on my 45. The packaging comes with one simple instruction: file a bump off the inside of the magazine.

It appears that the 45 mags have a bump/nipple on the front inside near the bottom. This impedes the travel of the follower down lower than it goes in stock configuration. However even after filing the bump down to what myself and several others perceived as smooth, the follower would hang in that bump when fully loaded and fail to feed the second round. It was to the point where I wouldn't trust my life to it, so I'm sticking to the factory 10 and 14 rounders.

That is really unfortunate considering how great they work on my 9mm magazines. Thanks for the feedback.