PDA

View Full Version : Magpul UBR stock question

E.W.
07-01-10, 11:47
I am in the process of ordering the parts needed to build another lower receiver. I am interested in the Magpul UBR stock, but was wondering if that can be used in conjunction with the Magpul ASAP sling plate. For some reason the pictures I've seen of this stock leaves me with this question. I have submitted this question to Magpul, but have not received a response. Any information you have will be appreciated. Thanks.

Joeywhat
07-01-10, 12:17
No you cannot. The UBR doesn't use the typical CAR receiver extension or hardware, it's all proprietary. There won't be anything to mount the plate to.

DaBears_85
07-01-10, 12:21
No, the ASAP will not work with the UBR due to the design of the stock.

ETA: There's some threads on here about how people modified their UBR's to accept the MS2 sling, if that was your overall goal.

E.W.
07-01-10, 13:03
Thank you both for confirming my suspicions. I appreciate it.

ForTehNguyen
07-01-10, 15:11
yea you cant use it. If you wanted to use a MS2 sling on it, you would have to use a QD swivel.

CarlosDJackal
07-01-10, 15:20
FWIW, the UBR already comes equipped with QD points in the front and the rear.

DaBears_85
07-01-10, 16:01
FWIW, the UBR already comes equipped with QD points in the front and the rear.

This is true. They're also semi-ambidextrous. With a little bit of work you can have the attachment points be on either side of the stock.

MTechnik
07-15-10, 22:37
This is true. They're also semi-ambidextrous. With a little bit of work you can have the attachment points be on either side of the stock.

They sell extra hardware kits so that they can be on both sides in both locations. Here us a link to brownells for them - http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=75960/pid=26422/sku/UBR_QD_Swivel_Sling_Mount__Black - no clue how to integrate the sponsor link bit into that there...

Being a lefty, I had moved both to the forward location to be ambi, now I got the two extras and now have all 4 points working as QD attachment points.

Works nicely with the MS2 sling now - as a 2-point sling, I like the FSB and rear atachment points, and when used as a single-point sling, the middle naturally.

WEC
07-15-10, 23:16
No, the ASAP will not work with the UBR due to the design of the stock.

ETA: There's some threads on here about how people modified their UBR's to accept the MS2 sling, if that was your overall goal.

Here's one: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=651982

Sad that I already knew what the OP was going to ask just by the subject alone. :p Some of the things that people have done, especially by jsebens in the thread I linked, have real promise. I'm hoping for some more movement in the R&D department at Magpul for this.

TehLlama
07-16-10, 16:44
I've heard from both Justin and Drake that something like this is in the works, just no ETA.
The ERGO F93 (they bought the MagPul molds) IS compatible with the ASAP/IKH SLAP plates since they use the existing castle nuts, though the UBR is still my preference.

Watrdawg
07-17-10, 11:01
I just installed an UBR on my weapon. As others have said the stock itself comes with QD mounts for a sling already. I bought the QD swivel for my stock and it seems to work fine so far.