PDA

View Full Version : Public lands to shoot

petergun870
07-01-10, 21:08
Wheres is there public land to shoot in in South Florida i live in the town of Clewiston and would like to do some drills i dont want an annoying range officers telling me to shoot every 5 seconds.

Shooter514
09-18-10, 09:32
you should be able to find something out there in clewiston.... i use google earth to find my spots.... if it is not posted no trespassing and there is nothing around for miles and your cool if leo's do show up (open bolts not drunk ect.) then they will most likely ether let you carry on or ask you to leave...

Von Rheydt
09-18-10, 17:58
I'm up in Central Fl.

I spoke with a local LEO about shooting on land, nice guy, ex-army.

He said that in the county (apparently it applies to quite a few counties according to him) there is a clear all round requirement of 150 - 175 feet from the shooting - target area to any neighbouring property. He also pointed out that whilst there may be space to shoot if the neighbours complain about the noise........forget it. He also cautioned that if I did find somewhere it would be advisable to go along and tell the local PD and Sheriffs Office so that SWAT did not come visiting unexpectedly.

I use Bing maps to scope out anything to do with geography, its about the best publically available oblique angle aeriel viewing database there is.