PDA

View Full Version : need help to i d my latest buy

carbean
06-04-07, 21:35
i did some trading and would like those with knowledge i d what i`ve got myself into. lower is dpms a-15. the upper has the forge mark of anchor harvey.the barrel is marked b m p , 5.56 nato 1/9. the barrel measures 14.5 in length. it has a k k f a 3 tak brake that is pinned. the front sight / bayo mount has a f 2. the bayo lug is cut off. also it has a cca hand guard cm 33. four position rra stock. fwd assist, brass deflector, at this time i din`t have any i d on the internals. i emailed dpms and they told me the lower was sold that way. so i`m wondering what do i have ? not familiar with dpms so comments there would be welcom. thanks guys.

Snake RAH
06-04-07, 23:17
You've got yourself a frankengun.

Kisara
06-05-07, 00:16
Looks like someone had enough parts laying around in their bin to slap something together. What did you trade for this?

Robb Jensen
06-05-07, 05:12
i did some trading and would like those with knowledge i d what i`ve got myself into. lower is dpms a-15. the upper has the forge mark of anchor harvey.the barrel is marked b m p , 5.56 nato 1/9. the barrel measures 14.5 in length. it has a k k f a 3 tak brake that is pinned. the front sight / bayo mount has a f 2. the bayo lug is cut off. also it has a cca hand guard cm 33. four position rra stock. fwd assist, brass deflector, at this time i din`t have any i d on the internals. i emailed dpms and they told me the lower was sold that way. so i`m wondering what do i have ? not familiar with dpms so comments there would be welcom. thanks guys.

Could be a couple of companies upper recevier.
Bushmaster barrel.

carbean
06-05-07, 23:39
Looks like someone had enough parts laying around in their bin to slap something together. What did you trade for this?
this looks to be a nice piece. traded a 45 that i didn`t use. good deal for me. thanks for reply.

carbean
06-05-07, 23:40
Could be a couple of companies upper recevier.
Bushmaster barrel.thanks for reply. who uses anchor harvey forgings for their uppers ?

Robb Jensen
06-06-07, 04:56
thanks for reply. who uses anchor harvey forgings for their uppers ?

Bushmaster, DPMS, Del-Ton and Olympic and probably a few others. Since yours has a Bushmaster barrel it has a higher probability of being a factory assembled Bushmaster upper assy.

Harv
06-06-07, 17:51
Carbean

good deal for me.

Only if it works reliably.....;)
if they trader gave you a problem child gun that does not run very well... you may be rethinking the whole "good deal" thought....

Git to the range and run some ammo thru at both slow and rapid fire and try all your mags and see what happens (After you clean the rifle and follow Pat Roger's cleaning and lubrication instructions which are a tacked thread....