PDA

View Full Version : NEW Nordic Components .22lr upper!

gamewarden
07-02-10, 10:19
I just got their 18" upper...only 200 rounds so far...no FTF even when shooting super sniper sub-sonic. The bolt is based off the Ruger 10-22 style. The upper looks great on my Noveske lower. I'll try and post pics later.

Very easy to put 10 rounds at a quick pace under 2" at 50 yds...will shoot at 100 tomorrow. If nothing else it was a lot of fun to shoot!:)

http://shop.nordiccomp.com/

I originally posted this in the wrong forum...

Byron
07-02-10, 11:48
Very interesting. Wonder if this will prove more reliable than some of the other .22 uppers on the market

Mac5.56
07-02-10, 11:58
Interesting. A little pricey but I will be following it.

ALCOAR
07-02-10, 15:17
Sweet....I had the old Nordic 10/22 receiver and built around it and had quite fun with that lil project:)

Lucky Strike
07-02-10, 17:13
Very interesting. Wonder if this will prove more reliable than some of the other .22 uppers on the market

It should be since it's based of a 10/22 bolt design and not the ceiner design.

I sold my Tac Sol to order one of these just based on the logic behind the thing using a more proven bolt......that and it's supposed to run no matter what ammo/trigger group you use. I want something that'll run with my SSA trigger and the Nordic is supposed to do that.

gamewarden
07-04-10, 00:49
Lucky Strike-
I run an SSA trigger with my Nordic .22lr upper and it works flawlessly.

Also, there have been reports on brian enos forums:
http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101518&st=0)

on the beta uppers with 2,000 rounds before they had a failure (and that was reportedly without a cleaning). Black dog magazines are a must though...they come with one 10 rounder which is nice.

They are a joy to shoot...and mine looks great with my Leupold Mark AR 1.5-4 (great little scope for a .22)!

Also, a .22 magnum as well as full auto versions are coming as well!:cool:

Lucky Strike
07-04-10, 11:41
EXCELLENT NEWS....can't wait to get mine....my whole point in wanting a .22lr upper was for training with my main lower with the SSA.......now i just gotta wait till next week when mine shows up. Thanks for reminding me though that I need to order some more Black Dog mags.

I've got one 27rounder that came with a CMMG conversion kit (my first unsuccessful foray into cheap .22lr AR training...sold the kit but kept the mag) but I'll definitely want to pick up some more.

Lucky Strike-
I run an SSA trigger with my Nordic .22lr upper and it works flawlessly.

Also, there have been reports on brian enos forums:
http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101518&st=0)

on the beta uppers with 2,000 rounds before they had a failure (and that was reportedly without a cleaning). Black dog magazines are a must though...they come with one 10 rounder which is nice.

They are a joy to shoot...and mine looks great with my Leupold Mark AR 1.5-4 (great little scope for a .22)!

Also, a .22 magnum as well as full auto versions are coming as well!:cool:

gamewarden
07-06-10, 09:12
I feel if you want a light weight complete .22 LR at an affordable price the S&W is the way to go. If you would rather use your regular rifles lower the Nordic upper makes a ton of sense, plus the weight is the same and you get a match grade barrel.

Both are about $500.

Nordic will be making complete rifle in .22 LR that will be stamped .22 LR on the lower. I believe these would be legal in California...?

gamewarden
07-10-10, 21:38
FYI:
Shot several 2" 10 shot groups at 100 yards with my Nordic upper using CCI Standard Velocity .22lr.

Did I mention this is a blast to shoot?

Pumpkinheaver
07-10-10, 23:25
Thanks for the report, I've been looking at these.

CJFirefly
07-10-10, 23:34
What mount are you using for your Mark AR? I got a Nordic 16" upper ready to go with a Weaver 2-7x rimfire scope, just deciding on a mount. I have a Larue SPR I could use but that seems like a waste. Probably end up going with a RRA.

gamewarden
07-11-10, 11:44
Just grabbed some cheap Leupold high rings. I thought it would be overkill for Larue or similar mount...and I don't need quick release on the .22lr.