PDA

View Full Version : Site does not remember my password

NavyDavy55
07-03-10, 10:19
When logging on I check the Remember Me box so I don't have to re-enter my user name and password. Problem is it doesn't work on this site for me but it does on other sites.

Any ideas how to correct this?

Thx.

Robb Jensen
07-03-10, 10:21
It's a setting on your browser not on this site.

NavyDavy55
07-03-10, 10:58
OK well that's a start I guess.

I'm using windows vista explorer.

Anyone know how to fix my browser setting?

5pins
07-03-10, 11:43
With Internet Explorer open go to tools then internet options and make sure that the delete browsing history on exit box in not checked.

kmrtnsn
07-03-10, 11:43
Up on your tool bar is a tab that says "tools", click it and go to "Internet Options", at the top of that window click "Content", the halfway down the page is "Auto Complete", click "Settings", then make sure "User Names and Passwords" on forms is checked.

SteveL
07-03-10, 12:47
With Internet Explorer open go to tools then internet options and make sure that the delete browsing history on exit box in not checked.

I don't think this will hurt anything. I use this setting on every computer I use, but they all still remember my passwords.

OP it sounds to me like your issue has to do with the cookie. Either your browser isn't storing the cookie from this website, or it's deleting it when you close the browser. Every time you clear out your cookies you will have to refill all of your auto-saved passwords.

5pins
07-03-10, 17:34
If you click the delete button under browser history another window will open. If the preserve favorites, at the top, box is not checked then it will delete your login cookies.

SteveL
07-04-10, 07:43
If you click the delete button under browser history another window will open. If the preserve favorites, at the top, box is not checked then it will delete your login cookies.

Ahh yes I see it now. When I typed my previous post I was using my iMac at home and couldn't remember exactly how the options were set up in Windows.

NavyDavy55
08-07-10, 08:36
Well I haven't made any changes to my computer since I first posted this siuation. And today I opened up the forum and it remembered my username and password. MAGIC!!! :D

I should have taken a computer course instead of spending my money on firearms, ammo, and training...Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw :nono: