PDA

View Full Version : Sig 226 E2?

Mr. Goodtimes
07-04-10, 09:49
Has sig fixed their QC issues yet? I've been reading threads about their quality controll issues but theyre mostly older threads. I'm on the fence between a P30/P30L and a Sig 226 E2. The sig I fingerd in the gun shop looked really nice and felt like the old west german sigs I've handeled... but who knows whats below the surface...

I shoot both very well btw so, quality will be the decision maker for me.

RB-S13
07-04-10, 10:53
This thread might help you out.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=56870

Mr. Goodtimes
07-04-10, 11:09
seems to kinda go both ways, seems to also be a lot of HK koolaid drinkers too, not that thats a bad thing, its just hard to give an unbiased opinion. Nobody seems to have a new sig (E2) that they've put some serious rounds through. I'm leaning towards the HK based on sigs past quality controll issues. The few guys that seem to have handled them said they looked and felt like the sigs of old, and I can agree with that, the one I played with felt like an old sig, I kinda want to know how they're holding up after some hard use.

oboe
07-04-10, 11:12
OK, Goodtime, I'm the guy who started that similar thread. It had nothing to do with SIG Sauer quality, however.

I have been gradually tending toward the P30L, and yesterday got there. I was at a gun show in West Palm Beach and had a chance to see and handle a number of P30 iterations as well as the P226 E2. In general, you wouldn't be disappointed with either - but the fit and feel of the P30 AND the many variations possible for sizing and shaping the grip . . . man, I was just taken away. It will be the P30L in 9mm.

Mr. Goodtimes
07-05-10, 08:05
Thanks for the replies so far. It's looking like im leaning towards the P30 a little more. Is the 40sw version every bit as good as the 9mm?