PDA

View Full Version : New M9A1

ShipWreck
07-04-10, 11:51
I picked up a second M9A1 yesterday - now I have 4 Berettas.

My standard 92FS has been my carry gun, and I will be rotating 1 of the M9A1s into my carry rotation as soon as I pick up a holster.

The other M9A1 and the 90-Two are pulling safe queen duty :)

When my son gets older, I'm gonna let him pick one of them for himself. I also plan to get the 92A1 in a couple of months when that comes out, and I wanna pick up a standard M9 too :)

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/Beretta-Group71.jpg

controlledpairs2
07-04-10, 12:06
do you use third party magazines? if so, which ones?

chilic82
07-04-10, 12:24
Haveu dropped the p99 in favor of the 92 series? I saw u were selling your walther. D

ShipWreck
07-04-10, 12:53
do you use third party magazines? if so, which ones?

No, I only use factory mags or MDS mags - MDS makes mags for Beretta. So, except for the floor plate, they are the same mag.

ShipWreck
07-04-10, 12:53
Haveu dropped the p99 in favor of the 92 series? I saw u were selling your walther. D

Yes, I'm headed in the Beretta direction. I'm selling my last P99 to pay for the new M9A1.

HK45
07-04-10, 14:10
I fondled an M9A1 yesterday. At least the Marine Corps improved it a little.

Palmguy
07-04-10, 14:49
Interesting...I didn't know a 92A1 was coming out. That's definitely on my to-buy list now.

Nice collection.

ShipWreck
07-04-10, 16:17
Interesting...I didn't know a 92A1 was coming out. That's definitely on my to-buy list now.

Nice collection.

Thanks. They keep pushing it back - first June, then July... Now they claim August.

Cobra66
07-04-10, 17:18
I fondled an M9A1 yesterday. At least the Marine Corps improved it a little.

I feel the same way about the HK30/45 and my issued USP (it wasn't the Marine Corps, but thankfully someone improved it) ;)

Shipwreck - the guns and the photos look great!

How do you like the Ninety-Two? It uses a different magazine does it not? :confused:

ColdDeadHands
07-04-10, 18:17
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/Beretta-Group71.jpg
Nice mirror swastika. :D

ShipWreck
07-04-10, 18:30
Nice mirror swastika. :D
I wasn't trying to make a statement. I switched the grips so it wouldn't look like that symbol. I took a lot of pics, but liked this one best. I have seen many people take the same pic on other forums too.

ShipWreck
07-04-10, 18:33
I feel the same way about the HK30/45 and my issued USP (it wasn't the Marine Corps, but thankfully someone improved it) ;)

Shipwreck - the guns and the photos look great!

How do you like the Ninety-Two? It uses a different magazine does it not? :confused:

the 90-two uses 17 round mags, but they work in a 92 series. And, the 90-two can use standard 15 rounders.

Complication
07-04-10, 19:46
I wasn't trying to make a statement. I switched the grips so it wouldn't look like that symbol. I took a lot of pics, but liked this one best. I have seen many people take the same pic on other forums too.

See, the trick is you just need to buy a 5th one...

ColdDeadHands
07-04-10, 20:03
See, the trick is you just need to buy a 5th one...

Ditto that! How about a M9?!

ShipWreck
07-04-10, 20:22
An M9 and a 92A1 (which should be out next month) are next - so yes... There will be a 5th, and then a 6th :D

By the end of the year, I expect they will multiple from 4 to 6 :D:D:D

ThirdWatcher
07-04-10, 20:23
When my son gets older, I'm gonna let him pick one of them for himself.

Good idea. Both Warrior Princesses got M9A1's for graduating AIT. ;)

ShipWreck
07-04-10, 20:57
:P

He'll have the choice of the M9A1, 90-Two or the 92A1 I end up buying later this year.

ColdDeadHands
07-05-10, 07:29
I'm curious; why the switch to Beretta?

ShipWreck
07-05-10, 07:48
This is actually my 3rd "Beretta phase."

I've always liked them, and after getting a 92FS last year, I got back into them.

I had a bad Vertec back in 2003 that derailed my 2nd Beretta phase, and I ended up getting fed up and selling my Berettas. But, I got back into them again last year.

I like the way they shoot, and I know how to disassemble the entire frame for cleaning. Can't really explain it - but I just prefer the feel of the Beretta frame with Hogue grip panels even more than my expensive 1911s.

Cobra66
07-05-10, 08:36
This is actually my 3rd "Beretta phase."

I've always liked them, and after getting a 92FS last year, I got back into them.

I had a bad Vertec back in 2003 that derailed my 2nd Beretta phase, and I ended up getting fed up and selling my Berettas. But, I got back into them again last year.

I like the way they shoot, and I know how to disassemble the entire frame for cleaning. Can't really explain it - but I just prefer the feel of the Beretta frame with Hogue grip panels even more than my expensive 1911s.

See, I tend to agree. I don't have the largest hands in the world, but for some reason the short fat grip fits my hand better than a long skinny grip. The newer radius grip is very close to perfect.

I am curious, do you shoot the 90-two much? If so, how do you compare its feel, control, behavior compared to the standard 92FS/M9?

ShipWreck
07-05-10, 09:57
No, I do not shoot the 90-Two much. The grip is kind of slippery. I tried to put a Pachmeyer slip on grip over it (no fingergrooves and no palm swells), but it made the grip too fat - the rubber was pretty thick.

I have tried Hogue lsip on grips on an HK45 and Hk45c before, but hey made the grip too fat with the palm swells and finger grooves.

I love rubber grips on all my guns. I have pachmeyer wrap-arounds (w/o finger grooves) on my two 1911s. I have rubber grips on my Buckmark 22. I have the hogue grip panels on 3 of my Berettas... I have a piece of bicycle innertube on my Kahr PM9 and HK P2000. I REALLY don't want to put a piece of ugly innertube on the nice looking 90-Two.

I even tried some stick on rubber - I found a sheet of pachmeyer stick on rubber that you can cut however you like. I tried to cut it to match the shapes on the grip - it looked terrible, so I took it off.

My last solution may be to buy another slide on grip, and send it off to be textured. I was quited $50 by 1 guy who works on M&Ps professionally.

So, the M9A1s and the 92FS is my fav - mainly because of the hogue grips.