PDA

View Full Version : BCM 20" Uppers

Fuzzy-Reticle
07-05-10, 14:38
Well I just ordered a BCM 20" upper 1/7 twist with Govt. profile and BCG/CH. I was suprised to see that the price including the BCG/CH was slightly less than a RRA Stainless 20" complete upper with 1/8 twist!

I took the advice of all the posts I have read here and went BCM for all of the obvious reasons.

Is the Govt profile any less accurate than an HBAR? At some point I will probably freefloat the barrel using a DD Omega or other similar FF rail system.

Now its time to find a lower. Any suggestions for a lower that matches the finish of the BCM uppers? I know matching finish does not impact anything relevant other than my own personal happiness.

Stickman
07-05-10, 15:02
Why not go with a BCM lower?

Fuzzy-Reticle
07-05-10, 16:28
Good point. I thought the wait for them was long?

Mark71
07-05-10, 16:35

Grant has them in stock and available.....

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LWR-BCM&reference=http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=BCOM

Fuzzy-Reticle
07-05-10, 16:41
Crap! Those are M4 lowers. I want one with the A2 stock. I guess I could take it off and install one and sell the parts.

I will wait and see when the upper arrives. My local gun store will let me try it on a several lowers to see which fits the best. I will probably go with the one that is the tightest to the upper.

C4IGrant
07-05-10, 16:51

Nope. In stock and ready to ship. ;)

C4

C4IGrant
07-05-10, 16:53
Crap! Those are M4 lowers. I want one with the A2 stock. I guess I could take it off and install one and sell the parts.

I will wait and see when the upper arrives. My local gun store will let me try it on a several lowers to see which fits the best. I will probably go with the one that is the tightest to the upper.

Buy the lower without the stock and just change out the RE for an A2 and sell or use the BCM RE that comes with it (worth $36 bucks).

BCM uppers only shoot straight with BCM lowers. :)

C4

spamsammich
07-05-10, 18:26

BCM uppers only shoot straight with BCM lowers. :)

C4

I really hope booger eaters on TOS don't get a hold of this quote have it come back to cause problems. I have my doubts but I never put it past them.

Fuzzy-Reticle
07-05-10, 18:33
For typical range use will the Govt profile barrel be as accurate as a HBAR? If BCM offered a 1/7 HBAR I would have got that. I just could not bring myself to purchase a 1/9 from any company.

I plan on adding a 10X scope and finding a load that works best with it.

mark5pt56
07-05-10, 18:44
For typical range use will the Govt profile barrel be as accurate as a HBAR? If BCM offered a 1/7 HBAR I would have got that. I just could not bring myself to purchase a 1/9 from any company.

I plan on adding a 10X scope and finding a load that works best with it.

I would take a serious second look at your optic choice, at least get a variable like a 2.5-10 Nightforce, etc. Or an ACOG, TA11.

This barrel will be accurate but understand it's not a match upper. Typically, the HBAR isn't a match barrel either so the gprofile will be on par until it heats up alot. But I would hold that your upper will hit a 12x12 plate(or less) within the usefull range of the cartridge.

My advice is don't beat your head against the wall trying to "tweak" an accurate load for it. Just pick your defensive or practice load and have fun training. If you just use ball, it will be plenty accurate and you will have more fun shooting.

Fuzzy-Reticle
07-06-10, 17:34
BCM ROCKS! They called me to today and it has already shipped. i should have my upper by this Friday. I ordered on Monday. I need to get cracking and find a lower parts kit with match trigger. I snagged a lower and a Moe grip and my buddy tossed in a A2 stock and buffer and spring. I just need to find a tube and spacer and I am all set. Thanks Bravo Arms! Thanks Bravo Company. Both great companies.

eric0311
07-06-10, 20:26
Buy it and don't look back! I set mine up as an M16A4 clone with Knights Armament M5 RAS, RCO ACOG optic, and a stinky nasty Spectre Gear 3 point sling that hung the real deal...I consider it my USMC parting gift....

Fuzzy-Reticle
07-09-10, 16:47
The big brown truck of happiness just dropped off my BCM upper!

Everything they say about BCM is true. The finish and overall quality of this upper and BCG is amazing. Best finish on an upper I have ever seen.

They tossed in a free hat! Pretty cool hat BTW.

I assembled my LPK into my lower while on a conference call today. :D

Now I am waiting on my buffer tube that I ordered yesterday. :p
I am now on the prowl for a KAC RAS for it to complete the A4 clone I was going for.

Also need to start saving for an ACOG for the ultimate in "chicks dig it" factor and of course for its pure utility as an optic *cough*.

I can't wait to shoot it.

Thanks again BCM. I now see why you have the following you do. My next upper will be BCM.