PDA

View Full Version : Surefire LX2 Failed

EmanP
07-05-10, 15:18
Last week I was using my few weeks old LX2 when the second stage started to stick and intermitantly stopped working. I took the tail cap off to see if I could see what the problem was and dropped it. Put it back on and only had the lower output single stage. Of course I called the good folks at Surefire and sent it back to them.

Anyone else had a secondary stage higher output fail on them?

infidelprodigy
07-05-10, 17:08
Had a similar problem with a Surefire Kroma, the second stage wouldn't light up. Reason: batteries were running out of juice:p

Buck
07-05-10, 19:40
Surefire makes an excellent product and has excellent customer service... I am sure that whatever the issue, it will be resolved quickly...

B

Caeser25
07-05-10, 21:30
Surefire makes an excellent product and has excellent customer service... I am sure that whatever the issue, it will be resolved quickly...

B

That they do. I sent them my personal E2E while I was in the sandbox because the momentary pushbutton no longer worked. 2-3 weeks later I had it back and working and no other issues since 2004.

EmanP
07-07-10, 13:40
They are very fast. Came back yesterday, hadn't even been gone 2 weeks and they even replaced the head on it. I wonder what the issue was. No notes indicating anything.

Dennis
07-07-10, 18:21
With 2 stage tailcaps the first thing to check is always the cleanliness of the connections. Clean both the end of the tube as well as the internal connectors.

They use a resistor and dual contact surfaces to get the 2 stage so good connection given the reduced surface is important.

Dennis.