PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Noveske Rogue Hunters please, need info??

Eagle1*
07-05-10, 21:04
I am looking at getting a nice upper for mid range scoped shooting and was wondering what you guys think of the Noveske Rogue Hunter series of uppers? I have a complete Noveske lower waiting to have an upper put on it and like the look of the RH, plus it would save me some money compared to the 16" Recon series. I would also be using my AAC M4-2000 on it for shooting as well, so that is a consideration too???:confused:

Do any of you have one or run one of these uppers and if so, how does it shoot if yours is scoped? I am also wondering who makes the round rail on this upper and if I can add any pic rails to attach bipods, lights etc?? :confused: Thanks E1..

ucrt
07-05-10, 22:05
Noveske uses the Troy TRX handguard on the Rogue Hunter. http://store.troyind.com/11_TRX_Extreme_BattleRail_p/strx-eli-e0bt-00.htm

Note that because the rail is not as heavy duty or rigid as the SWS rail Noveske uses on the Recon, they consider the RH rifle a "hunting rifle" and not "battle rifle".

I'm sure the gun will shoot great...like all Noveske's.

Eagle1*
07-05-10, 22:28
thanks for the response, I am basically going to use it in a semi marksman rifle so I think it will be fine!

randolph
07-06-10, 05:27
I have a 6.8 Rogue Hunter Upper.
I havent shot it enough to get the true accuracy out of it, but Im confident its as accurate as any of my other Noveske's...

mine is scoped w/a zeiss 3.5x10.

make sure you run a stock that wil give you proper cheekweld, and dont forget the trigger upgrade:D

my upper came with 3 rail pieces that bolt on the forearm.

Eagle1*
07-07-10, 06:25
so it is possible to put on a bipod and/or front rail grip if I go with this Rogue Hunter round rail system?? I need to make sure that this will work out before buying it?????:confused:

ucrt
07-07-10, 06:50
It looks like you just add rails where you need (want) them on the handguard.

I'd give Noveske a call (1-541-479-6117) and ask for Joel. Those guys very friendly and know their stuff.

Pk14
07-07-10, 07:31
I have a VTAC Extreme 13" rail over a Noveske 18" SPR barrel - the gas block blocks the forward most rail slot at 6 o'clock for a bi-pod attachment - I'll end up locating it about 4" back from the front of the rail (this barrel has an intermediate gas system). Point being, when you talk with Joel, make sure you discuss where the foremost rail slot will end up wrt the gas block (e.g. on a mid-length gas system and a 9 or 11" rail, you may have interference issues that could be avoided by using a 13" rail (presuming you wanted a bipod location at the far end of the rail). On a 16" barrel, a 13" rail won't hurt you for the extra ounce and ~ $20 it costs.

Cheers,
Pk

skyrider
07-07-10, 07:53
so it is possible to put on a bipod and/or front rail grip if I go with this Rogue Hunter round rail system?? I need to make sure that this will work out before buying it?????:confused:

I have a Rogue and you can add rail pieces pretty much anywhere you want, to include the bottom.

Pk14
07-07-10, 08:44
I have a Rogue and you can add rail pieces pretty much anywhere you want, to include the bottom.

Have you actually mounted a rail section directly under the gasblock without the backing of the rail section touching the block? Love to see a picture of how you did that.

Thanks,
Pk

Eagle1*
07-07-10, 09:59
Have you actually mounted a rail section directly under the gasblock without the backing of the rail section touching the block? Love to see a picture of how you did that.

Thanks,
Pk

Yes, skyrider are you able to locate the bipod attachments on the forward lower part of the rail (@ 6 o'clock) without the gas block being in the way on the bottom of the rail system. This rail system on the Rogue Hunter is 11 inches and I am thanking god that someone pointed this out to me so I could iron this out prior to buying it. Inguiring minds want to know and it would help me out tremendously if someone could get this straight for me.. Thanks E1..

skyrider
07-11-10, 13:21

Thanks,
Pk

Ah, good question!! i am not sure and i am in europe for a few weeks and cant check...also cant type because of the strange keyboard. if you dont find your answer before then i will check on doing that when i get home.

randolph
07-11-10, 13:35
when and sighted my Rogue in yesterday.
@ 100 yard, I had four holes touching, with a called flyer on my 5th, but still at 1.5"

The gun shoots better than me...

Eagle1*
07-12-10, 15:20
when and sighted my Rogue in yesterday.
@ 100 yard, I had four holes touching, with a called flyer on my 5th, but still at 1.5"

The gun shoots better than me...

PICS....

also, did you shoot it off of a bag, bipod what? Ammo, what did it like and what scope were you using??

Todd.K
07-12-10, 16:58
Yes, skyrider are you able to locate the bipod attachments on the forward lower part of the rail (@ 6 o'clock) without the gas block being in the way on the bottom of the rail system. This rail system on the Rogue Hunter is 11 inches and I am thanking god that someone pointed this out to me so I could iron this out prior to buying it. Inguiring minds want to know and it would help me out tremendously if someone could get this straight for me.. Thanks E1..

You will have to cut the backing plate to fit on both sides of the gas block if you want the bottom rail all the way forward.

Pk14
07-13-10, 07:58
You will have to cut the backing plate to fit on both sides of the gas block if you want the bottom rail all the way forward.

Thanks for the gouge, Todd - looks like Mr Dremel has a little work to do!

Cheers,
Pk

randolph
07-13-10, 11:31
PICS....

also, did you shoot it off of a bag, bipod what? Ammo, what did it like and what scope were you using??

I didnt take any range pics. This was a sight in and check magazines occasion, only shot 28 rounds total.
I shot off of bags, SSA 110gr.Sierra Pro Hunter is all I shot that day.
Zeiss 3.5x10 conquest in LeRue cantilever mount.

I'll go back next week to see what she can really do. I'll shoot for groups then at 100 & 200 yards.
w/camera.

Eagle1*
07-14-10, 13:27

Thanks for the info Todd, I do have 2 other ?'s for you...

1) So does the RH come with any rails like the VTAC model does?
2) Also, to eliminate doing any cutting/fitting of the rail back, can the 13" rail from the 18" RH be put on the 16" barreled version instead of the 11" stated in the description? I would think that by going with the 13" forearm that it may give me enough clearance in the front of the gas block to add the rail section for the bipod??? Just wondering, Thanks Scot..:confused:

Todd.K
07-14-10, 16:27
The Rogue Hunters comes with two short and one long rail.

The Rogue Hunter with 13" rail is actually what one of our three gun team members shoots, it will be available shortly in the Noveske Shooting Team website. http://noveskerifleworks.com/nst/
The 2" rail will just fit but I would probably still trim it a little bit to make sure it can't contact the gas block.

Eagle1*
07-15-10, 23:40
The Rogue Hunters comes with two short and one long rail.

The Rogue Hunter with 13" rail is actually what one of our three gun team members shoots, it will be available shortly in the Noveske Shooting Team website. http://noveskerifleworks.com/nst/
The 2" rail will just fit but I would probably still trim it a little bit to make sure it can't contact the gas block.

thanks Todd, just what I needed to hear.. nice website to btw, the NST site is neat and so is the new NST gun...