PDA

View Full Version : SureFire LX2 ???'s

SmokeJumper
07-06-10, 16:47
Anyone running the new SureFire LX2 as an EDC light or back-up/secondary light? Any thoughts, experience, input on this light for EDC carry. Looks like it would carry well, no sharp edges to snag on pockets with the clip. Thanks
http://www.surefire.com/LX2-LumaMax

TomF
07-06-10, 17:30
I've been carrying one since they came out. Carries well, works great for me. I like the switch programming much better than anything else I've tried.

I broke a pocket clip doing some ground work in one of my practice sessions, but Surefire took care of me.

So far, it's the best light I can find for an EDC light. The announced Lx1 looks pretty cool too. Same idea, just a single cell instead of two. I like the two cell for striking/fist filler/etc.

SmokeJumper
07-06-10, 20:29
I've been through 5 clips over the years on my old E2D. So with the LX2 what works best for carry, bezel up or down?

TomF
07-06-10, 20:40
I prefer bezel down, which was one of my main draws to the LX2.

Grandprairie
07-06-10, 21:12
I like mine a lot. No issues so far.

SmokeJumper
07-06-10, 23:45
So far, looking good. I've gotten used to the factory clicky tail cap on my old E2D. I'm curious to know if either of these SureFire click on/off tail caps would work on the LX2?
http://www.surefire.com/Click-on-Lock-out-Tailcap-Z57
http://www.surefire.com/Click-on-Lock-out-Tailcap-Z61
The only issue may be with the dual light output, low and then high, I'm thinking you would just get one output with a clicky tail cap. Any issues with the dual output and tail cap on the LX2? I'm sure it takes a short time to get used to and then becomes second nature if carried/used a lot.

Jerm
07-07-10, 01:52
I couldn't be happier with mine.

The output levels and the controls combine for the pefect(nearly) balance of simplicity and versatility IMO.

Add in SF's overall quality,durability,and CS...

rob_s
07-07-10, 06:09
I am very anxiously awaiting the LX1 myself, and may pick up an LX2 in the meantime to tide me over. The switching method on these lights is exactly what I've been waiting for.

EmanP
07-07-10, 13:45
I'm liking mine enough to try the LX1 as well when I can. Great light and I prefer bezel down. No issues with the clip for me.

KeithD
07-07-10, 15:08
Ive broke 3 clips, the last one was kinda a fight to get them to send me a replacement.

So far loving the light though.

Agile53
07-07-10, 16:24
Been EDCing a SF E1B (the Backup) for 2+ years & have a modded

LX2 headed down from an SME over on CPF. Looking forward to

working the LX2 into the rotation & the OME clips on the LX2 have

been modified by SF since the LX2 intro last year. Keith don't feel

alone w/ the clip issues you've had as they were so numerous that it

caused SF to implement the above described action.

My future LX1 will also get some modding from MilkySpit as he

worked on my E1B & also made a RoomSweeper for me.

Thread drift over, sorry for the hijack.

SmokeJumper
07-07-10, 17:06
Been EDCing a SF E1B (the Backup) for 2+ years & have a modded

LX2 headed down from an SME over on CPF. Looking forward to

working the LX2 into the rotation & the OME clips on the LX2 have

been modified by SF since the LX2 intro last year. Keith don't feel

alone w/ the clip issues you've had as they were so numerous that it

caused SF to implement the above described action.

My future LX1 will also get some modding from MilkySpit as he

worked on my E1B & also made a RoomSweeper for me.

Thread drift over, sorry for the hijack.
Does this MilkySpit have a website and what kinda mods did you have done? What's a RoomSweeper? Got pics any pics, you've piqued my curiosity.

trukreltrog
07-08-10, 19:12
Does this MilkySpit have a website and what kinda mods did you have done? What's a RoomSweeper? Got pics any pics, you've piqued my curiosity.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=238792&highlight=roomsweeper

He's on Candlepower forums. Does great work, just has some serious back-ups right now. Been waiting 9 months now, for one to be modded,,,

Agile53
07-09-10, 01:00
SJ looks like like Ttrog got you an answer while I was away. FWIW

my LX2 will be in hand next week but Milky's system/wait time is way

out of whack. As was posted tonite on CPF it needs to be OVERHAULED big time,

Ttrog you agree?

trukreltrog
07-09-10, 07:19
SJ looks like like Ttrog got you an answer while I was away. FWIW

my LX2 will be in hand next week but Milky's system/wait time is way

out of whack. As was posted tonite on CPF it needs to be OVERHAULED big time,

Ttrog you agree?

I agree, I think he has way more work than he can handle. I do believe he was looking into getting some help though.

Jerm
09-30-10, 21:39
So I've broken two pocket clips and bent a third. All in the same spot where the clip slims and connects to the light body... I'm assuming this is the weak point where most/all of the problems occur?

I've found that a nice tight wrap of electrical tape about 5 times arround has done the trick. Even with the previously bent clip, in its weakened state, it seems to be holding up much better... Several weeks in now. I'm going to replace with another new one. Thought it would be a good test run to use the damaged clip.

Perhaps a cheap and easy fix for those interested.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-01-10, 21:02
Broke a clip too, they sent me a replacement, but it wasn't the same. Only BEzel up carry now. Was my EDC, till one of my kids hid it somewhere in the house????

willowofwisp
10-03-10, 03:47
I have been carrying mine for about a month now and haven't broken a clip *knock on wood*

I really like this light though it snot too bad, fits perfect in my front jeans pocket and its easy to pull out with controls that are easy to use.

joffe
10-03-10, 08:13
I really want to buy one of these - the UI is pretty much ideal. The only way they could make it better would be by adding a white floodbeam for the low mode like the A2L white or the AZ2. Would increase the size of the head though. :(

SmokeJumper
10-03-10, 16:37
I've now had mine for about a month and it has served very well in an EDC role. It's a keeper, but then SureFires usually are.

CyberM4
10-14-10, 09:37
I ordered a LX2 the other day. I should have it Saturday. I'll repost too this once I receive it.

Ga Shooter
10-14-10, 10:17
I love mine and use it daily. Best light I have ever had.

willowofwisp
10-14-10, 10:27
I love mine and use it daily. Best light I have ever had.

+1 i love my lx2, i went to a night corn maze last week with the gf and some friends...the lx2 worked pretty good on low output and evne better on high

CyberM4
10-16-10, 09:05
I got my LX2 yesterday. Very bright light for the size it is. My first SureFire. Very well made.

vecdran
11-08-10, 19:06
Just throwing in my experience with the clip breaking. It has held up fine for four months with normal pocket use, and didn't break until I tried slipping it onto something far too thick. It snapped at the part where it mounts to the body, so I'm going to agree that appears to be the weak point.

Now I just carry it in a Comp-tac holster. Problem solved. :cool: