PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Machine & Tool SOPMOD Stock

ca_fireman19
07-07-10, 16:59
WHY ARE THESE SO EXPENSIVE?!?!?!? I've been shopping around for a good stock to replace my Magpul CTR. I have been mostly looking at the LMT SOPMOD but other than an enlarged cheek weld and battery storage...Can anyone give me more details? Maybe tell something I'm missing? I like the "friction lock" on the CTR but I like the cheek weld and battery storage...What does the SOPMOD for $200 have or do that the Magpul ACS doesn't? Has anyone used a CAA saddle on an M4 stock?

Failure2Stop
07-07-10, 17:04
I really like the SOPMOD, at least when it's free.
To be frank, I think they are over-priced. I bought an ACS simply because I could not justify the extra $70 for a SOPMOD on my most recent carbine. In actual use I have no preference one way or the other, other than one option buys me more ammo.

ca_fireman19
07-07-10, 17:08
I really like the SOPMOD, at least when it's free.
To be frank, I think they are over-priced. I bought an ACS simply because I could not justify the extra $70 for a SOPMOD on my most recent carbine. In actual use I have no preference one way or the other, other than one option buys me more ammo.

What do you mean "buys me more ammo"? Do you mean you use the extra $70 on ammo? And do tell, how do you get the SOPMOD for free?

TehLlama
07-07-10, 17:13
The CAA saddle sucks for hard use.
The EMOD is a touch cheaper and still works very well (and comes with QD swivels)

I have one of each... the SOPMOD is nice, but I wouldn't have paid full price for it.

ALCOAR
07-07-10, 17:15
WHY ARE THESE SO EXPENSIVE?!?!?!? I've been shopping around for a good stock to replace my Magpul CTR. I have been mostly looking at the LMT SOPMOD but other than an enlarged cheek weld and battery storage...Can anyone give me more details? Maybe tell something I'm missing? I like the "friction lock" on the CTR but I like the cheek weld and battery storage...What does the SOPMOD for $200 have or do that the Magpul ACS doesn't? Has anyone used a CAA saddle on an M4 stock?

Get the LMT tube and sopmod....it GLIDES LIKE BUTTER:p

ca_fireman19
07-07-10, 17:30
Get the LMT tube and sopmod....it GLIDES LIKE BUTTER:p

But is it as rigid as an M4 stock or at least close? I like my M4 stock, but there is a lot of wobble.

bkb0000
07-07-10, 18:13
And do tell, how do you get the SOPMOD for free?

easy...

http://s3.images.com/huge.71.355973.JPG

outrider627
07-07-10, 18:29
Go for a Vltor stock. I got an IMod and its awesome. Real solid lockup and no wobble.

40Arpent
07-07-10, 18:35
But is it as rigid as an M4 stock or at least close? I like my M4 stock, but there is a lot of wobble.

Hardly any wobble, barely noticeable...at least on the three that I have.

SeriousStudent
07-07-10, 18:39
easy...

Beat me to it. ;)

I have both an ACS and an SOPMOD. I do prefer the ACS. The length of pull is just perfect for me, running NTCH.

bkb0000
07-07-10, 18:41
older Vltor stocks on clearance... fifty bones, black or tan, pointy or clubby.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Vltor-Carbine-Modstock-Basic-Kit-p/vltor%20acb-2c%20tan%20club.htm

same great SOPMOD taste, new low price.

variablebinary
07-07-10, 18:58
easy...

Free Oakleys and an M4 too.

You cant beat that :p

ca_fireman19
07-07-10, 19:01
Free Oakleys and an M4 too.

You cant beat that :p

Yes, well, when I enlisted, the U.S. Army was much pickier about who they let into their clique...

ALCOAR
07-07-10, 19:06

Oh yeah, far less wobble, hardly any noticeable wobble once you make your cheekweld. It's sooooo much better of a stock than the m4 imho.

bkb0000
07-07-10, 19:06
in a bit of irony, those guys look like they're actually joining the marines. i just pulled up stock photos, saw a guy with a green class B, and posted.

if you jump into that picture, you get no SOPMOD.

i was/am a huge fan of the stock... but like other guys are saying, they pretty much are way over-priced. i cant believe they haven't brought the price down, now that there's 40 other SOPMOD-esque stocks to chose from, ranging up from 1/4th the price... and GOOD stocks, not just cheap POS knockoffs.

now that i've finally tried the Vltors, i don't know if i'll buy any more SOPMODs.

ca_fireman19
07-07-10, 19:09
Okay...let's do a pole here...VLTOR emod vs. Magpul ACS

ca_fireman19
07-07-10, 19:15
Bravo Co. just ran out of the black clubfoot...DAMN IT!!!

SteveL
07-07-10, 19:43
I've had a Vltor and thought it was a great stock. It's a bit heavier than the Magpul (obviously), but if that's not an issue then I highly recommend a Vltor.

matt86
07-07-10, 19:59
easy...

this is priceless. Especially the guy on the right in the second row.
BTW, IIRC, the guy that swore me in was Navy(I'm Army).
I think any officer at MEPS can do it.

I would just spring for the ACS. Best case scenario, if you can hold off on buying anything for now, try to get yours hands on a rifle with one of each and see how they feel to you. There isnt much difference in the cheek weld between the sop mod and acs imo, especially not worth 75$

bkb0000
07-07-10, 20:38
you're right- i forgot meps is multi-branchinal.

ca_fireman19
07-07-10, 21:36
you're right- i forgot meps is multi-branchinal.

Was a Coastguard Officer When I was there if I'm not mistaken.

LMTRocks
07-07-10, 23:45
The SOPMOD stock is super comfortable, but remember that it's much more solid than the VLTOR. I don't like extra pieces to attach/get broken/get your beard stuck in on a stock. Admittedly my first AR was an LMT SOPMOD Standard so I'm just a little spoiled :D

I have not yet cheek'd an ACS however I think I'd like it as much as my SOPMODs. I have shot an AR with the VLTOR and the SOPMOD is significantly smoother obviously and it is super comfortable. Even the stock pad is very nice. As someone mentioned is it $75 better than the ACS? Not sure. If you're building an AR and trying to stay true to a Crane CQB or something then by all means use one, but I think the ACS is probably the new SOPMOD. I might put one on my next build whenever that is.

Belmont31R
07-08-10, 00:28
The SOPMOD is a very solid stock, and I don't think Ive ever seen one break. They lock up snug without an extra lever. Storage is not as quick but I wouldnt store shit on the gun anyways. Aside from that only negative is they add some weight to a gun...

For recce/spr they work very well but for lighter fighting guns I prefer the CTR/MOE.

I have one ACS, and while its a nice stock it doesn't feel as solid as a SOPMOD. I know thats hardly scientific but just based on "feel" it doesn't seem as rugged. Its more complicated with two levels, to take it off you need a screwdriver to get up under the cheek rest portion to pull the cross pin down, the storage compartment covers feel flimsy, and on mine the enhanced recoil pad can be pulled back a little bit at the top. Its certainly comfortable but no I don't think it has the general unbreakable solid feel of the SOPMOD.

bkb0000
07-08-10, 00:56
i dont know... the ACS is pretty cheesy. i guess magpul got so tired of being the ones getting ripped off, they figured it was their turn.

the stock doesn't do anything the sopmod or vltor dont do, it does feel cheep, and it's ugly. i don't see them on peoples guns much... i really wouldnt be surprised if they drop the line at some point in the future.

Mr. Goodtimes
07-08-10, 06:17
The SOPMOD stock is super comfortable, but remember that it's much more solid than the VLTOR. I don't like extra pieces to attach/get broken/get your beard stuck in on a stock. Admittedly my first AR was an LMT SOPMOD Standard so I'm just a little spoiled :D

Idk what you base that on. Having used both I degress. My VLTOR is about as solid as they come and smooth as can be. Also, I've never had any trouble with my beard getting caught in it, even when I wasnt shaving every day.

LukeMacGillie
07-08-10, 06:35
Its so expensive because LMT has to pay some guy in Southern Indiana for the rights to produce it, and then has to pay someone else to shoot the plastic. Lots of Bakshesh there, but not enough to retire on:D

If your going to have a beard, the SOPMOD is the stock, as even covering the interface between the pieces on the voltor with tape just means you end up with 100mph tape "Glue" balls in your beard. I dont know about anyone else, but Im not a fan of balls in the beard:D

rob_s
07-08-10, 07:08
I've had a beard for years and shot the Vltor stocks for years and never had a hair get caught in the gaps. I have, however, had every stock I own bite me between the receiver extension and the stock body, including the SOPMOD, and even my AK bites me between the trunnion and the stock.

I never used the SOPMOD stock until I did the T&E on the pre-production KAC SR-15E3. I liked the feel well enough, but not enough to pay the premium. Although, in fairness, I don't really get the obsession some people have with various stocks and chasing the holy grail of stocks. If the MOE wasn't so cheap I'd probably be using the standard M4 stock on all my guns.

Rated21R
07-08-10, 07:37
I really want to try one without paying the price for it. :D

LonghunterCO
07-08-10, 07:46
I really want to try one without paying the price for it. :D

When are you going to be in Colorado next? You can try mine.

Rated21R
07-08-10, 08:23
When are you going to be in Colorado next? You can try mine.

I will be down there for the Magpul class at the beginning of September. If I don't find one on the EE or the intrawebs, I might have to take you up on your offer. Thanks.

markm
07-08-10, 12:13
The SOPMOD is the only aftermarket stock that interests me. Because of the price, I'll never buy one though.

Biggy
07-08-10, 14:00
I used to use the LMT Sopmod stock, its a great stock. My new favorite stock setup that I have been running for about a month is the VLTOR IMOD stock with the new VLTOR A5 stock kit ( 7 position receiver extention / specially weighted buffer and the M16A2 action spring). The Vltor A5 stock kit comes with the EMOD stock. I like the IMOD stock better than the SOPMOD stock because it is a little lighter and the shape of the buttpad is a little more comfortable for me. This setup has worked perfectly on my Noveske N4 middy basic. It is even more smooth shooting and has less recoil than before and it doesn't even have a BattleComp on it yet.

LonghunterCO
07-08-10, 14:38
I will be down there for the Magpul class at the beginning of September. If I don't find one on the EE or the intrawebs, I might have to take you up on your offer. Thanks.

I am in the earlier September one (over Labor Day). Which one are you in?

Rated21R
07-08-10, 16:07
I am in the earlier September one (over Labor Day). Which one are you in?

7-9 September. I will be down there on the 4th or 5th though. Parents live in Monument and Dad and I are going to do some shooting. :D

Dennis
07-08-10, 18:47
I agree the SOPMOD is overpriced but I got one somehow in a trade, I also use multiple CTR's as well as a ACS and a new VLTOR IMOD because of the nicely contoured toe for high optic CQBish use.

The SOPMOD is sorta old tech but it locks up tight, mounts nicely, and just feels much more solid than the ACS. It also looks cooler to me for whatever reason. They both lock to the buffer tube tight and work just fine, but I like the SOPMOD more for some reason. Probably not $70 more, but to each his own.

Regarding the new VLTOR, I was immediately reminded of why I got rid of all my old VLTOR's in the first place when it started catching my facial hair in the holes between the battery compartment and the stock. I had read about it before my old purchases but I figured I'm Asian with minimal facial hair, however it still would catch on my tiny 1-2 days growth and give an annoying surprise. Maybe it doesn't happen with guys with real beards? Or beards that don't stick straight out? :p

Dennis.

Biggy
07-08-10, 19:52
I use both the VLTOR emod and imod stocks and i have never had a problem with my facial hair getting caught anywhere on the stocks. When I first got them I tried on purpose to make this happen and couldn't. I guess i am one of the lucky ones.

Outlander Systems
07-08-10, 22:58
i dont know... the ACS is pretty cheesy. i guess magpul got so tired of being the ones getting ripped off, they figured it was their turn.

the stock doesn't do anything the sopmod or vltor dont do, it does feel cheep, and it's ugly. i don't see them on peoples guns much... i really wouldnt be surprised if they drop the line at some point in the future.

Bro, you sucked the words outta my mouf.

I wanted to like it, but it just seems more like CAA than Magpul.

The ACS is the first Magpul product I ever regretted buying.

gunny
07-09-10, 09:12
The SOPMOD...Best stock on the market for me.

BooneGA
07-09-10, 10:12
I picked up a cheap VLTOR but as others have said, it tears out my beard. Combat is hard enough without the distraction of someone pulling out your facial hair.

I like the SOPMOD stock alot, its just ****ing expensive. I run a CTR MOE over here. Never really saw the need for the regular CTR's little pressure thing and I need something with rubber on the end of the stock, makes shooting in kit MUCH easier.

Rick

Rated21R
07-09-10, 10:55
Anyone have the Tan/FDE version? I was wondering how light or dark it was. I know that FDE varies just curious how much. Thanks.

Watrdawg
07-09-10, 11:56
I know these stocks are super expensive but what do ya'll think about the Magpul UBR stock?

ALCOAR
07-09-10, 12:33
I know these stocks are super expensive but what do ya'll think about the Magpul UBR stock?

#1 Magpul UBR
#2 LMT SOPMOD

Belmont31R
07-09-10, 12:36

They are heavy...but are very solid and beefy.

ca_fireman19
07-09-10, 13:32
Anyone have the Tan/FDE version? I was wondering how light or dark it was. I know that FDE varies just curious how much. Thanks.

The SOPMOD is exactly the same shade of FDE as Magpul's.

bkb0000
07-09-10, 13:36

i've only had one FDE SOPMOD, but it was definitely darker than magpul's FDE.

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/45/l_ceb8b7a512bb494e8c4b74da8e4cc8a1.jpg

sample size of one, however.

Rated21R
07-09-10, 13:38
i've only had one FDE SOPMOD, but it was definitely darker than magpul's FDE.

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/45/l_ceb8b7a512bb494e8c4b74da8e4cc8a1.jpg

sample size of one, however.

The ones I have seen looked darker too, that's why I was curious.

Belmont31R
07-09-10, 13:42
The color is taupe, and is the same as KAC's taupe (SOPMODS are made by KAC for LMT).

40Arpent
07-09-10, 13:55

I'm going with wrong on this one also. I have several of each, and there is quite a bit of difference between the shades.

ca_fireman19
07-09-10, 14:25
I'm going with wrong on this one also. I have several of each, and there is quite a bit of difference between the shades.

I was jut a shop this afternoon that had a CTR and SOPMOD both in flat dark earth and they looked 100% identical in color.

ca_fireman19
07-10-10, 20:46
Unless anyone has got either ans ACS or a SOPMOD they are willing to trade or sell for semi-cheap, I think I'm going to save up (for a long time) for a black SOPMOD.

Magic_Salad0892
07-11-10, 03:28
My SOPMOD feels better to me than any other stock out there.

The only other one I own is a CTR-M.

SOPMOD is my favorite though. :) Buy once, cry once.

armakraut
07-11-10, 04:19
I'm going to go out on a limb and say they'd make a lot more money if they'd reduce the price a little bit on the stand alone stocks. They should be selling just the stock for $100-150. Considering how cheap regular m4 stocks are and how minimal the price difference is between their built rifles with that stock vs a sopmod. I've already got a sopmod, so it doesn't make a huge difference to me, but I don't see any reason why they don't price them to go heat to head with magpul and vltor's offerings.

From what I can gather, most people who have sopmods seem to have them because they came with an LMT rifle/lower.

Other than want of a slight negative pitch, I've got zero complaints with my sopmod, like someone said years ago, it's practically comfortable enough to use as a pillow.

82ndtrooper
07-11-10, 06:02
I'll guess I throw my .02 in here.

The SOPMOD's are expensive because it's what the "GO FAST" boy's use. For about $115 it would be an even greater stock. :D

I have the SOPMOD, two EMODS and now just recieved my IMOD in FDE. At first I didn't care for this IMOD compared to the EMOD"s but I'm slowly growing into it on my LWRC M6A2.

Personally, I like the additional length of the EMOD over the SOPMOD stock.

13MPG
07-11-10, 18:38
I have owned two of the SOPMOD stocks and they were both great stocks. Like another guy said it could double as a pillow. I felt that the lock up was very solid on both of the ones that I had. I would like to pick up another one sometime as I have been seeing some good prices on used ones. The only thing that causes me a bit of concern is that more than a few of the used SOPMOD stocks don’t have the LMT logo on the lever…fakes I would guess.

ca_fireman19
07-11-10, 23:07
As far as rigidity goes, the standard LE or M4 is very wobbly even when tightly shouldered...the Magpul CTR is superbly more rigid and with the "friction lock" becomes almost as rigid as a solid stock. As for the SOPMOD, does it not mount the same way as the M4? Without the friction lock, how does the SOPMOD manage to to be as rigid as (or more so as some of you have claimed) than the CTR?

armakraut
07-12-10, 00:08
Tight tolerances.

bkb0000
07-12-10, 01:10
As far as rigidity goes, the standard LE or M4 is very wobbly even when tightly shouldered...the Magpul CTR is superbly more rigid and with the "friction lock" becomes almost as rigid as a solid stock. As for the SOPMOD, does it not mount the same way as the M4? Without the friction lock, how does the SOPMOD manage to to be as rigid as (or more so as some of you have claimed) than the CTR?

yep, tight tollerances. the sopmod is designed to be used with the LMT receiver extension, which is at the fat end of the spec, and very consistent. add the two together, and you get a-finger-in-pat's-ass fit.

even the sopmod will rattle a little bit on some other manfer's receiver extensions.

ca_fireman19
07-12-10, 01:21
Now that f*cking figures...hahaha...I just ordered a SOPMOD. Now I'm going to have to get an LMT extension too? Hopefully my current mil-spec tube will be fat enough for a good fit.

bkb0000
07-12-10, 02:09
Now that f*cking figures...hahaha...I just ordered a SOPMOD. Now I'm going to have to get an LMT extension too? Hopefully my current mil-spec tube will be fat enough for a good fit.

all depends on how you like it.. i'm totally un-anal about things wiggling, so long as it's OK for them to wiggle. i've had a sopmod or two that literally rattled like M4s on REs of unknown origin, but cinched up like a FIPA when moved to a CMT/LMT/whatever. i think it's a rare RE that's that loose, though. i would definitely wait and try your sopmod on your current RE.

MassMark
07-12-10, 06:54
After being stuck in "AWB Compliance Land" for so long, (MA is still under it), I am breaking free of it and have been eyeballing collapsable stocks. I used a CTR this weekend and wasn't a fan, but did like the LMT and Magpul UBR. I would love to see the prices come down on both these stocks, but am a realist and will likely dump my dough on a UBR. One question I had for the gallery, (sorry for the threadjack), is about Ergo. I looked at an Ergo stock at a dealer in NH, but it wasn't mounted on a rifle. It seemed nice out of the bag, but you know how things in a store seem great until you get them home. At $159.00 it was no bargain and I was curious if anyone was running one:

http://ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?ID=4925&storeid=1&image=prostock.gif&CFID=1434229&CFTOKEN=19533758

bkb0000
07-12-10, 10:38
After being stuck in "AWB Compliance Land" for so long, (MA is still under it), I am breaking free of it and have been eyeballing collapsable stocks. I used a CTR this weekend and wasn't a fan, but did like the LMT and Magpul UBR. I would love to see the prices come down on both these stocks, but am a realist and will likely dump my dough on a UBR. One question I had for the gallery, (sorry for the threadjack), is about Ergo. I looked at an Ergo stock at a dealer in NH, but it wasn't mounted on a rifle. It seemed nice out of the bag, but you know how things in a store seem great until you get them home. At $159.00 it was no bargain and I was curious if anyone was running one:

http://ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?ID=4925&storeid=1&image=prostock.gif&CFID=1434229&CFTOKEN=19533758

i have no yet run across anyone using one, oddly enough. they say it's been out for almost a year. it's supposedly an exact copy of the Magpul m93s... but who knows what kind of polymer they use or what kind of tolerances, etc. i guess magpuls either licensed falcon to produce them, or sold them the "rights," or whatever... and falcon's shit seems to be pretty OK... but i'm not buying one till i hear something positive from somebody.

Dennis
07-12-10, 11:09
i have no yet run across anyone using one, oddly enough. they say it's been out for almost a year. it's supposedly an exact copy of the Magpul m93s... but who knows what kind of polymer they use or what kind of tolerances, etc. i guess magpuls either licensed falcon to produce them, or sold them the "rights," or whatever... and falcon's shit seems to be pretty OK... but i'm not buying one till i hear something positive from somebody.

I ran an original M93B for awhile and while it felt nice and locked up super tight, I thought there were just way too complicated with way too many small pieces.

Dennis.

MassMark
07-12-10, 11:10

Thanks - me too neither. Like I said, it 'felt' okay, but who knows for sure until it's on a rifle... I liked the LMT and the UBR for different reasons, now I just have to justify the cost....

DWood
07-12-10, 13:53
I like the SOPMOD alot, but I got the two I have as original equipment on LMT lowers, which I got at a pretty good price a while back. I doubt I would shell out $200 retail for just the stock.

One of my carbines is a 10.5" SBR and I just got a 7" Adams Arms piston upper for it. Picked up an MOE here for $46 shipped and installed it today; I like its small size and for my SBR it makes sense. Small and light = good. Locks up plenty tight for me. The other carbine is 16" with a S & B Short Dot on it and I'll keep the SOPMOD on that for my "longer range" gun. Weight and size aren't an issue.

I have one of the SOPMODs up for sale. I can always swap out the SOPMOD for the MOE or vice versa now that I have both. I can only shoot one at a times and can't see having an extra SOPMOD in the parts bin. I plan on buying an LMT MWS which will also come with a SOPMOD.

You can buy a lightly used SOPMOD for $155 shipped here:
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=57956

variablebinary
07-12-10, 14:46
I like the SOPMOD

It's durable as hell, and has a wobble free fit.

It's very comfortable as well due to the overall shape of the design.

VLTOR is great alternative if you are usually clean shaven, and it is much lighter, which reduces overall weight, but can also make a gun feel slightly nose heavy

mvician
07-14-10, 01:54

I've got one. While it is not an "exact" copy of the Magpul version, it is close. What I like better about it is the mounting. Uses the regular castle nut and plate.

bkb0000
07-14-10, 01:57
hmm.. i missed that part, but yea- i can see that now.

it looks like a totally different polymer than magpul uses, from the one black and white pic they have on the website, also.

MAUSER202
07-14-10, 19:24
I have a SopMod that came with my LMT and I love it. My wife's S&W's came witha a standard stock that sucked, and we replaced it with a Magpull CTR. It's way better than the stock S&W but we both like the SopMod better. The cheek weld is a lot more comfortable, and it locks up tight as a frogs ass.
If I could do it over I would have got the wife a SopMod too.

ca_fireman19
07-15-10, 18:32
JUST GOT ONE!!! It's pretty nice, though it doesn't quite mount as tight as my CTR...I have been looking around and found someone is making counterfeit SOPMOD's with LMT trademarks...how can I tell if I have an authentic or a counterfeit?

13MPG
07-15-10, 18:38
If buying a used one get it for somebody that has solid feedback or a good reputation ( not something I would worry about as much on this board). I have noticed more than a few for sale on TOS and asked the sellers for pics of the logo, and never got any pics…. Or buy a new one from a good shop like Rainier, G&R, or PK.

I would guess that the stock would not feel as substantial or have a different sized logo??

jeffreywt
07-15-10, 20:59
ca_fireman19 - you can be confident that you have the real deal. That stock I sent you came off of my KAC SR-15 lower. :)

ca_fireman19
07-15-10, 21:03
I'm not worried about yours...I got a second one the day after our deal and it seems a bit cheesy but has trades.

jeffreywt
07-15-10, 21:05
Ahh, I see. To answer your question, I'm not sure how to tell but now that you have two, compare them and let us know if you find any telling signs.

ca_fireman19
07-15-10, 21:10
The questionable one doesn't have a patent number, the polymer is more smooth, the lever doesn't have an "as effective" texturing, and feels all around more fragile and hollow...Someone told me it just might be an older one...

bkb0000
07-15-10, 21:41
does is have a QD hole?

ca_fireman19
07-15-10, 22:03
It has a hole, but I don't think it's a QD.

markm
07-15-10, 22:19
It has a hole, but I don't think it's a QD.

That's what SHE said. :haha:

ca_fireman19
07-15-10, 22:22
That's what SHE said. :haha:

Lame...hahaha

bkb0000
07-15-10, 22:35
the old models had a small dummy-cord hole.. the new models have a larger QD, which is metal lined and about 3/8" wide.. ish.

ca_fireman19
07-15-10, 22:42
the old models had a small dummy-cord hole.. the new models have a larger QD, which is metal lined and about 3/8" wide.. ish.

The stock from Jeffrey has the QR hole. And while he's on topic, Jeffrey is a great guy to deal with.

Where can I get QR sling swivels for the SOPMOD?

bkb0000
07-16-10, 00:34
The stock from Jeffrey has the QR hole. And while he's on topic, Jeffrey is a great guy to deal with.

Where can I get QR sling swivels for the SOPMOD?

google "QD sling swivel" - all of those fit. gearsector isn't a bad place to get mounts.

the reason i ask is that you might have one of the super old "Crane stocks," from before they were LMT. i don't know who made them, but they didn't say LMT on them, nor were they as refined as the current models.

if you'd said it had a QD hole but no LMT markings, it might have been evidence that you have a fake. for the record, i can't verify fakes exist- but i wouldn't doubt somebody if they said they do.

mvician
07-16-10, 17:25
The questionable one doesn't have a patent number, the polymer is more smooth, the lever doesn't have an "as effective" texturing, and feels all around more fragile and hollow...Someone told me it just might be an older one...

sounds like the clone one I have. The stock feels more like plastic when you tap it with your fingernail.

ca_fireman19
07-16-10, 18:12
sounds like the clone one I have. The stock feels more like plastic when you tap it with your fingernail.

Bingo. I'm inclined to believe this is an airsoft knockoff. I figured the price was too good to be true.

bigkracka
07-16-10, 20:44
LMT SOPMOD is a joke, if you like the tubes get an ACS or VLTOR. I get the same cheekweld out of my CTR, or MOE for that matter.

ca_fireman19
07-16-10, 21:42
LMT SOPMOD is a joke, if you like the tubes get an ACS or VLTOR. I get the same cheekweld out of my CTR, or MOE for that matter.

you're right, my CTR does have a 3" cheek rest...oh wait, no it doesn't. What makes it a joke, exactly?

ALCOAR
07-16-10, 21:45

Seriously......its a joke?

bkb0000
07-16-10, 22:10

dont waste bandwidth with antagonistic bullshit, homie.

BrianS
07-16-10, 22:22
I have a newer SOPMOD with the QD cup. It has a LMT logo on the lever for adjusting the stock and the patent number on the right side of the stock body with the text running horizontal along the battery compartment and partially obscured by the adjustment lever.

DWood
07-17-10, 07:59
........the patent number on the right side of the stock body with the text running horizontal along the battery compartment and partially obscured by the adjustment lever.

My non-QD has the patent # on the right side on two lines just below the horizontal slot for a sling attachment.

RogerinTPA
07-17-10, 12:12
I have 2 SOPMODS and 2 ACS stocks. I like both, but for the coin, the ACS is the better economic alternative.

Grease Monkey
07-17-10, 21:51
Nice stock but overpriced as others have said. Vltor iMod is my choice (I have both).

usmcvet
07-18-10, 08:55

The SOPMOD is rock solid there is no wobble. Trident said it well it slides like butter. The fit is awesome. The stock will not slide like a regular stock that should not be an issue as most of us set the length and leave it.

You should watch the EE boards they are usually around $160. That is about what mine went for. I wish I kept it. I have CTR's on all of my guns and I wanted to have things set up the same.

Do you have an SBR? I bought mine from G&R and the SOPMOD came with it.

bigkracka
07-18-10, 14:34
dont waste bandwidth with antagonistic bullshit, homie.

Don't waste bandwith trying to tell others what to do. Don't like it, don't read it, aka piss off.

ca_fireman19
07-18-10, 14:49
Don't waste bandwith trying to tell others what to do. Don't like it, don't read it, aka piss off.

YOU'RE the joke...you give an opinion with no fact to back it up. With all due respect, please don't clutter my thread. I welcome debate, but if you're here purely to flame, go away.

tampam4
07-18-10, 15:04

You are at the most 18 days old on this forum. If this attitude keeps up, you more than likely won't see another 18 days on here.

You come with a statement that "XYZ product is a joke." Might as well do this one instead. Absolute statements as such are not taken well on this forum without facts or experiences backing them up. Had you said, " I think the LMT is a joke and this is why" and given a realistic opinion on why that is, people would have taken you for more than a troll. Telling people to piss off on here won't go over very well either.

Ok, I view the LMT SOPMOD as I do KAC products, as an example. For most people, something less will get the job done for the most part. But experience has proven that these products will go to hell and back, and not only perform their duty, but do so well

variablebinary
07-18-10, 18:04

I know these guys credential's? What are yours?

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=127557&d=1277677035

RD62
07-18-10, 19:50
I've shot the SOPMOD, EMOD, IMOD, and ACS.

I always have facial hair and occasionally a beard.

I've never had a problem getting hair pulled.

I don't care for the SOPMOD based on it's price. It doesn't do anything for me that the others don't but costs more.

I don't care for the aesthetics of the ACS. Nice stock though.

For me it's the EMOD or IMOD. I really love the cheekweld! I like the price, I like the clubfoot and negative pitch to the toe of the stock, I like the metal strike plate and recoil pad, and I even like the butterfly latch. I do not use the storage in the stock, so I'd currently probably go with the IMOD and save another couple of bucks. The EMOD when used with the VLTOR RE is an EXTREMELY tight fit until broken in and I have to warn customers that I've installed them for as I've had some think there was a problem initially. In fact I'm considering swapping the CTR on my SBR for an IMOD.

-RD62

SHIVAN
07-18-10, 19:53

I'd suggest you knock off these bullshit types of comments somewhere else. Not only is your first comment about the LMT SOPMOD being a "joke" out of line, your follow-up telling people to piss off needs to be curbed as of yesterday.

Understand? Good.

ALCOAR
07-18-10, 21:09
I know these guys credential's? What are yours?

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=127557&d=1277677035

HELLS YES:) That pic is full of win big time .....I wonder if those gents are from a SDVT team, leave it for when I go to bed tonight and dream on it. Those are badass mofo's arguably the world's biggest:cool:

Rated21R
07-18-10, 23:17
Loved seeing those guys in my travels. Always drooled over their gear.

Hatchie
07-18-10, 23:32
HELLS YES:) That pic is full of win big time .....I wonder if those gents are from a SDVT team, leave it for when I go to bed tonight and dream on it. Those are badass mofo's arguably the world's biggest:cool:

Actually I think that's what comes out when you open a can of whoop a---.
Sorry that's only my second post but I've been reading a lot since I joined but by continuing to read rather than ask a question or tap out a post just to verify my existence, I've learned a few things and confirmed a few ideas I had to begin with.....and ordered an LMT Sopmod stock with the milspec tube. I've been slowly upgrading my rifle as the overtime allows.
There is a reason you've got two ears and one mouth.:stop:

ALCOAR
07-19-10, 00:02
Loved seeing those guys in my travels. Always drooled over their gear.

I drool too but then I think what it takes to get that kinda gear.....I bet humping all that gear at 10,000ft. in the Hindu Kush Mtn. range somewhere is a real p.i.t.a. to say the least:)

Since the War on Terror began, I see them with blackhawks and chinooks more than I do them with suppressed m4's and mk 11's....those dude literally drop in out of thin air and deal death to some of the worst dirt bags on this planet....can anybody say gold star sticker:D

Rated21R
07-19-10, 05:47
...those dude literally drop in out of thin air and deal death to some of the worst dirt bags on this planet....can anybody say gold star sticker:D

That is signature line material right there. Love it.

ca_fireman19
07-24-10, 20:28
The Chinese assholes are the ones behind it... Check out this eBay auction. The is not a "replica, this is a COUNTERFEIT.

eBay item number: 280534542369

usmcvet
07-24-10, 22:09
I just received my today. I bought it on the EE here at M4C for $145. I always look here first.

Watrdawg
07-25-10, 11:00
I went with an UBR and put it on my Ruger. As it was stated on this thread before it is heavy but I love the way it works and feels. I use EBAY quite a bit but will never purchase anything out of the country. There are a lot of counterfit and replicas coming out of China. I got my UBR on EBAY but from a guy I have bought from more than a few times. I got a great deal and know it is real.

Rated21R
07-25-10, 11:19
I picked up a SOPMOD of the EE and it's awesome. Good deal, solid, amazing stock. Hope it balances my SBR out, if not, it will find it's way to my Mid-length build I think.

spamsammich
07-25-10, 12:41
I think I may have a line on a brand new complete LMT lower with 2 stage trigger and SOPMOD for about $480ish. For a civ, I'm thinking this is too good to pass up. and I keep telling myself I'm done building rifles :(

pacrimguru
07-26-10, 01:16
the SOPOMD is worth every penny. i've been around the block with my share of Magpul's, VLTOR's, etc... going back to the SOPMOD was like coming home.

abnartyguy
07-26-10, 01:33
Pawn shop, $88!!!

:dirol: