PDA

View Full Version : IWB Magazine pouch?

TroyTK
07-07-10, 19:18
I have finally decided to start carrying a spare magazine for my CCW. I have been carrying the gun IWB around 4 o'clock, and I think I would like to carry my spare magazine on the opposite hip, also IWB.

I saw that Milt Sparks makes a magazine pouch like this, and it is perfect other than the long wait time. Does anyone else make a quality IWB single mag pouch like this that is somewhat available? I can try leather or kydex.

rob_s
07-07-10, 19:22
I tried IWB magazine carry, with the Sparks pouch and a 1911 magazine, and hated it. Can't put my finger on why but it really sucked for me.

vigilant2
07-07-10, 19:35
Try Galco
http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1960.php

Spiffums
07-07-10, 22:04
OST has some IWB Kydex mag holders in the Arch Angel line.

ColdDeadHands
07-08-10, 07:39
imo iwb mag carry is to uncomfortable and not necessary. If you still want to try it check out Nick Matthews....he has iwb and owb mag holders (the latter aren't listed on his website but he makes them). His work is top notch, pricing is good and wait isn't bad either.
I carry my G21SF in a NM #1 IWB and a spare mag in a NM OWB pouch. I probably shouldn't have given his name because when people find out about him his wait time will be eventually as long as Milt Sparks...

Spiffums
07-08-10, 17:22
imo iwb mag carry is to uncomfortable and not necessary. If you still want to try it check out Nick Matthews....he has iwb and owb mag holders (the latter aren't listed on his website but he makes them). His work is top notch, pricing is good and wait isn't bad either.
I carry my G21SF in a NM #1 IWB and a spare mag in a NM OWB pouch. I probably shouldn't have given his name because when people find out about him his wait time will be eventually as long as Milt Sparks...

We will just start negative threads about him to get the wait times back down ........... then we can start more positive threads again :D

BobM
07-08-10, 17:23
When I carried a 3913 I used a Sparks double IWB pouch. It worked well and was comfortable. However, I don't believe Sparks recommends the use of that pouch with double stack magazines. What I do now is wear a OWB (currently Galco) double pouch between my belt and pants.

Hunter Rose
07-09-10, 18:52
TT Gunleather makes a leather IWB mag pouch with offset loops (think like the loops on a Milt Sparks VM2). It works great. I have used the Milt Sparks ISP and in my experience does not work very well due to the belt loop riding on top of the mag pouch. Makes it too bulky. The Raven Concealment mag pouch with IWB loops also works great and is what I am currently using for my HK USP 9mm.

IWB mag pouches are not for everyone, but in my experience they do cut down on the bulk of double stack mags. Nothing is tighter hugging than being IWB.