PDA

View Full Version : anybody using glock magpul floorplates for pocket carry of mags?

skyugo
07-07-10, 23:20
i'm thinking i might give it a go. any pros/cons/don't bother? :confused:
i never carry a mag pouch, but always do a mag in my left front pocket. (yes i train and shoot matches this way too ;) )

thanks guys

HK45
07-07-10, 23:25
Personally I don't see the point of these on a pistol mag. I like Magpul stuff but this feels like they did it because they could rather than to solve a problem.

DasBulk
07-07-10, 23:30
I have some but keep them on my range mags. The grip your pocket if you drop them in one. They are soft and rubbery. Mags bounce pretty well with them.

skyugo
07-08-10, 00:06
I have some but keep them on my range mags. The grip your pocket if you drop them in one. They are soft and rubbery. Mags bounce pretty well with them.

hmm so it'll catch your pocket? i was assuming they were hard plastic.

SWATcop556
07-08-10, 05:20
Wouldn't mind trying some out as I sometimes carry a G26 mag in my pocket when I get a little lazy about carrying a reload off duty. My problem is finding anywhere that even has any to sell. I also thought they were a hard plastic.

rob_s
07-08-10, 07:21
I keep scouting for a few on the used market. not sure I want to pay the msrp on new.

The point made above about them catching on a pocket is a good one, and one I hadn't considered myself. They wrap around the bottom of the magazine like the stock floorplate, or like the Pmag Rangers, as there's no way for them to attach flush like the GI mag Rangers.

Gutshot John
07-08-10, 07:38
It would seem that the primary advantage is for tac-loads i.e. hook it on a finger so your palm has more real-estate but I'm only guessing. Secondarily you could hook them to a carabiner but this is also entirely speculative and seems a bit of a stretch in terms of functionality.

Soft, tacky silicone seems like a bad idea compared to smooth plastic but I've been curious for a while though not so much that I've taken the plunge.

El Cid
07-08-10, 11:00
I have a couple for G27 mags. The mags are so short they tend to disappear into mag pouches and the Magpul makes things much easier to get them out. I've had them for a few years and have no complaints. Getting dropped on concrete during quals, etc. they hold up as you would expect any Magpul product to do.

one
07-09-10, 02:11
I had them on a couple of my G19 mags. They weren't as awesome as I thought they were. I wound up taking them off and going back to the stock floorplates.

I do, however, use them on my factory 30 (31 actually) round mags. I keep a couple of the 31's wedged down in a radio console for emergency use and the magpuls do come in quite handy there for getting them up out of the places they're stashed in.

They might work ok if you had some type of field gear pouches like MOLLE or similar. But i don't care for them on regular belt use, etc.